joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12 Storm Photos and Videos

Cold Miser

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clinton MA, started it up when we had a dusting, kept it going all day... had to cut off the video when I did for snow on the window related issues. I belive that was about 9" in 5.5 hours, we ended up with 17-19". Had thunder and lighting at 415 and 715.

That WAS lightning then, great I thought it might have been lights, fantastic, actually the window stuff is very cool. Thanks for sharing

Digging out yesterday during the rotting deformation band..This was about 4:00 while areas to the west were sunny..Snowed like this all afternoon yesterday

post-492-0-34429400-1294959486.jpg

That's so weird because on radar, it looked like the band was just ne of you...at least the heavy stuff, but that looks like mdt snow in that pic. I think your location is in a tough spot for OKX and BOX radar.

That's so weird because on radar, it looked like the band was just ne of you...at least the heavy stuff, but that looks like mdt snow in that pic. I think your location is in a tough spot for OKX and BOX radar.

Yeah I am in no man's land here between the 2. I think that's the issue sometimes when it's snowing here and not much shows

The band looked like it was 5 miles ne of you or so. I bet it was partly sunny like 5-8 miles west of you. You lucked out.

Well I picked up 4 inches between 1:00- and 5:00 yesterday afternoon...It was moderate most of the time..and occasionally would lighten up and then start ripping again. Sky never brightened once. Just perfect placement

Well I picked up 4 inches between 1:00- and 5:00 yesterday afternoon...It was moderate most of the time..and occasionally would lighten up and then start ripping again. Sky never brightened once. Just perfect placement

There is the difference between us.....the sun never came out yesterday, but I had nuisance snows all afternoon; I got caught in this awful substinence slit.

Those are my favorite...when the main snow ends, but you still get light to moderate snow. That's why I loved 12/20/08 so much. We had several inches that day, and an additional 2.5 inches that night. It just kept snowing in my area, and this was after the snowstorm on 12/19.

Those are my favorite...when the main snow ends, but you still get light to moderate snow. That's why I loved 12/20/08 so much. We had several inches that day, and an additional 2.5 inches that night. It just kept snowing in my area, and this was after the snowstorm on 12/19.

I remember yesterday you posted that the def band over me would soon end,,but I'd have light snow thru mid aft..so i went outside after lunch thinking that would be about it..I shovelled the other 4 inches this morning..though some of it had blown and drifted on part of the driveway

I remember yesterday you posted that the def band over me would soon end,,but I'd have light snow thru mid aft..so i went outside after lunch thinking that would be about it..I shovelled the other 4 inches this morning..though some of it had blown and drifted on part of the driveway

It honestly looked like the band was ne of you..lol. It looked like it was more over towards Union.

It honestly looked like the band was ne of you..lol. It looked like it was more over towards Union.

I agree.....I remember noting that, myself.

I was on track for a really obscene amount until that subsidence disaster ensued....that is why I cringed when the cf collapsed because without that LL convergence, I'm subject to all of the perturbations within the system's large scale circulation that everyone else is and it bit me this time.

Great event and 20.5" is phenomenal, but this could have been EPIC imby.

Do you have a radar shot of that timeframe between say noon and 5:30 yesterday? Since I was outside I never looked. When I came in I checked Wunderground around 5:30 and it did show some snow over head

http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/displayRad.php?icao=KBOX∏=bref1&bkgr=black&endDate=20110112&endTime=22&duration=2

This was between 3-5pm. I see the band that dropped snow on you, but it showed up weak on both OKX and BOX. It's possible the beams overshot some of the band.

http://www.rap.ucar....e=22&duration=2

This was between 3-5pm. I see the band that dropped snow on you, but it showed up weak on both OKX and BOX. It's possible the beams overshot some of the band.

Yeah that def. does not do it justice..Do you think it has to do with my location in relation to the beams? Kind of frustrating

Archived