Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 12 Storm Photos and Videos

Cold Miser

http://www.rap.ucar....e=22&duration=2

This was between 3-5pm. I see the band that dropped snow on you, but it showed up weak on both OKX and BOX. It's possible the beams overshot some of the band.

You can see the FU slit over me all afternoon, save for one quick burst; RAD and ground proof that that Wilmington report of 2' is BS.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that def. does not do it justice..Do you think it has to do with my location in relation to the beams? Kind of frustrating

It could be for a couple of reasons, but the beam may have overshot part of the band. Sometimes these backside bands can generate snows at lower altitudes it seems. There are a few things that can happen, but I've seen this before with snow. Unlike summertime with deep convection, cloud tops can be much lower in winter storms. I'm not totally sure, but you are kind of displaced from both beams.

It could be for a couple of reasons, but the beam may have overshot part of the band. Sometimes these backside bands can generate snows at lower altitudes it seems. There are a few things that can happen, but I've seen this before with snow. Unlike summertime with deep convection, cloud tops can be much lower in winter storms. I'm not totally sure, but you are kind of displaced from both beams.

I am in a similar spot, sometimes I use OKX, others Box. Man the depths in SE CT by Norwich, Colchester are sick.

Awesome day at MRG, 40+" since sunday night. Waist deep Powder, steep and deep FTW. Alaska buddy on the powder pontoons and yours truly. Best terrain on the East Coast bar none, Ski it if you can.

Ahh little bushwacking, nice Pete! Very, very jealous!! Glad you got to show off a little bit of New England pow :thumbsup::snowman:

Pete, that is some bad-ass looking accum in the glades.

Awesome, awesome stuff.

Many feet of snow to play with. Great day of sliding through silent white smoke.

Ahh little bushwacking, nice Pete! Very, very jealous!! Glad you got to show off a little bit of New England pow :thumbsup::snowman:

haha, My friend Pete is from here originally so he knows the deal. MRG is world class , unlike any other area here in the east. Pete's not easy to impress as he's used to skiing bottomless powder in AK but he had an awesome time.

Awesome shots Pete. Some of my students were saying how they went off piste at Wa Wa... didn;t know that was possible :arrowhead:

Those powder pigs your friend has look like skinny snowboards

lol, It's good though, that intrepid spirit wil help them graduate to the real thing one day. Nothing like pillow drops down the ultra steep pitches. The Megawatts are hogs but it makes skiing the deep stuff almost effortless, they're almost as wide as waterskis.lol

nice pics everyone thanks alot for sharing. very impressed with almost all of them.

the radar scott posted 1-5 pm showed me how i did well in w. framingham (just a hair east of that little bulge in ORH county along rte 9) ......picked up several inches after 1pm.....totaled approx 19 here when the last of it came thru a bit after 8pm . Nice back side to this thing.

Archived