Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The irony is actually pretty damn funny. Last year we watched every possible way a storm can crush the MA and this year we're watching every possible way we can screwed. Climo is the mean of the extremes anyway. It's not like weather is stable and right now MA weenies are very unstable.

That's reality more often than not, including this year.

I must be looking at the wrong maps or something. I don't see how this run is noticeably warmer than 18z was. I know you guys are looking at the DC-Balt corridor, but over here we look to get 18+ hours of precip with temps under 32, some with 850's under as well.

Temps will likely verify a bit colder than modeled on 0Z. HP location and wind direction argue for colder temps at the surface. Setups like this are always more of a nowcast when it comes to surface temps.

I must be looking at the wrong maps or something. I don't see how this run is noticeably warmer than 18z was. I know you guys are looking at the DC-Balt corridor, but over here we look to get 18+ hours of precip with temps under 32, some with 850's under as well.

Not that much warmer-- but it is noticeable in that the 0C line retreats further to the west, and starts the retreat earlier during the night. But, again, it doesn't matter exactly what it shows right now because it's almost for sure not going to be right anyway.

NADS storm looks fine.

I think so too. The irony in these threads is sometimes comical. The 120-144 hour doesn't show a blizzard, well, should have known we'd be screwed (meaning: the model is correct). The 48-60 shows some winter weather, well, you know it will be wrong. ?????

Can someone breakdown how much snow/ice/rain for this Tuesday mess? I don't see anything on Wednesday so not sure what that talk is about.

Your area looks to get more precip than I do, but your temps look a little warmer. I'm somewhere in the .25 to .5 range while the temps are below freezing. Of course that just on the GFS, but who know what will happen.

this is the most confusing storm of all time

Monday-Tuesday looks like a bit of snow...a bit of zr and a bit of rain. GFS has backed off the major qpf for our area

right behind that storm is another piece of energy that gives us rain ending as flurries or light snow

then right behind that is the Euro storm or the GFS storm....the EURO storm is more ominous but its probably BS because it gives us real wintry weather while the GFS grazes us with a miller B

The Monday/Tuesday event looks to be a quick light snow to mix event. Overnight Monday/Tuesday the mix looks to turn to freezing rain and then all rain by dawn for all areas except the far NW suburbs. Of course, if you buy the NAM solution, disregard this forecast analysis. The GFS and the EURO are showing a storm for the end of the week. This is the NADS storm. Future guidance will tell whether the EURO or GFS has the correct solution.

Can someone breakdown how much snow/ice/rain for this Tuesday mess? I don't see anything on Wednesday so not sure what that talk is about.

The general trend for Mon/Tue is starting off as a mix before turning into rain for the greater duration of the storm. The shortwave on Wed has been on today's 00z, 06z and 12z GFS as a possible light snow/mix event for the area, but the 18z has dismissed that to a large degree. It is unknown what kind of impact this second disturbance will actually have on the region, but it should be minor at best.

Archived