Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Next weeks Storm Threat and DT's Jan 21-22 Facebook threat

Ji

NAM continues to say nyet on ice/snow of consequence

but GFS was better with last event (then again, NAM was better with Christmas storm :axe:)

The GFS should be better on coastals IMO but it's probably too cold.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would it be too cold? (not being weenie, just curious since it usually tends to be too warm). I'm NOT rooting for ice, so don't beat me down! k? :P

because it's colder than everything else?

Why would it be too cold? (not being weenie, just curious since it usually tends to be too warm). I'm NOT rooting for ice, so don't beat me down! k? :P

He's probably talking about above the surface-- no snow on the NAM. The surface depiction on this run of the NAM is actually a bit colder than the GFS at 12Z on Tuesday.

He's probably talking about above the surface-- no snow on the NAM. The surface depiction on this run of the NAM is actually a bit colder than the GFS at 12Z on Tuesday.

i actually didnt look at the surface of the nam.. i can buy it staying pretty cold thru morning especially nw of the cities.

because it's colder than everything else?

Isn't temperature an end result of what it decides to do with the Secondary Coastal? GFS gets the coastal going pretty good early on, while the NAM decides not to. Which model would you prefer in a "secondary low" situation? ECMWF/GGEM family don't look all that good though. I guess its personal preference on my part.

The first two are the same storm, right? Just snow to ice to rain to snow to rain to ice to snow to ice to rain?

I have not been following since Friday morning because i was away and then of course the Ravens debacle today but according to the NWS:

MODELS THEN SHOW THE ONE LOW NEAR THE MID ATLANTIC COAST MOVING AWAY

LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON/EVENING BUT ANOTHER SHORTWAVE EMBEDDED IN THE

LARGER SCALE NORTHERN STREAM TROUGH AFFECTING THE AREA. ECMWF IS

QUICK ON THE HEELS OF THE PREVIOUS QPF MAKER WITH THIS MOVING

THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT WITH THE GFS SLOWER FOR LATE TUESDAY

NIGHT/WEDNESDAY. THERES OBVIOUSLY SOME UNCERTAINTY WITH THIS SECOND

SYSTEM...BUT IT COULD PRODUCE SOME ADDITIONAL WINTRY PRECIP IN THE

TUESDAY NIGHT/WEDNESDAY TIME FRAME.

Archived