joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2nd NE Funky GTG

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would really love to go. I could always get my brother to cover for me at work but then I'd be losing about 9 hours of work and considering I REALLY want/need to get LSC paid off so I can get my transcript I can't pass up 9 hours of work.

Can you trade work with your brother somehow or get a bit of the money back? I'd love to see you at the get-together, and I'd be willing to give you a ride if I'm headed in that direction. I'm pretty sure I'm going right now but don't know exactly what route I'll be taking.

Can you trade work with your brother somehow or get a bit of the money back? I'd love to see you at the get-together, and I'd be willing to give you a ride if I'm headed in that direction. I'm pretty sure I'm going right now but don't know exactly what route I'll be taking.

Well this job is at the schools, from December-March I work at the schools on the weekends, just basically open the doors, turn on the lights, and setup some chairs, my brother had done this in the past as well but he doesn't do it this year, so I couldn't switch hours.

However, if you're going to go and would be willing to give me a ride this could actually work, I could work just about most of the day, and have my brother cover the rest.

im sure William and I are in... we pracitcally live at Funky murphys... that place is awesome!

I owe Will a beer.....he ended up leaving too much and Kev gave me some money back, which wasn't really mine to keep, but with Kev there isn't a choice in the matter and you guys had already left.

You are not allowed to make suggestions anymore. LOL ORH is central to 90% of what we call the SNE sub forum of the sub forum,. The GTG,"s are better attended due to it's proximity, we should have Tom the stats guy take the NE states members and locations and plot them, then we could get a weighted geo center.

So don't go to the one in Lowell.....I wouldn't mind meeting dryslot and some of the dudes up that way.

Next GTG should be either here: http://www.thebreweryexchange.com/

or here: http://www.tpsscoreboard.com/

Parking is great for both, but I'd favor the latter because not only is parking even better, but it's a bit more centrally located and a sports mecca.

Haven't been to the Exchange in years. I did work in the place for 1 summer when it was called Banners... just a regular pub, did not make their own beer at that time, and smaller than the current configuration.

re: the future Lowell GTG...that place now Beerworks? My wife and I used to go to the one near Fenway Park all the time......routinely walked home toasted. Of course I was in my late 40s to age 50 and big and fat then so those days are over for the sake of longevity. But once in awhile...

Beerworks had great beer selections...the best around imo at that time.

Sigh. I want to get to one of these things, but I have two prior commitments that day. Too bad the Squash INN is closed, we could do an eastern CT GTG...but there's always Chickering :arrowhead:

we should do some sort of CT GTG at some point. it's hard with my schedule to travel very far most days. blah

I am considering going as I have never been before...can someone tell me what it is like? What time does it start?

people trickle in between 2pm and 3pm...good and sometimes boisterous group of guys/gals...talk about weather, talk about sports, talk about ctblizz's snow banks, Will always brings the Kocin books...listen to will spout off his ever impressive knowledge of sports and the history of snowstorms in New England...drink some beers, eat some food...very relaxed...lots of pictures...sometimes reenactments of weenie suicides...good stuff!

I am considering going as I have never been before...can someone tell me what it is like? What time does it start?

It's very low key, just picture friends out relaxing, chowing having a few beers talking about everything mostly weather. Liitle worries about not knowing anyone, everyone welcomes everyone new. Starts at 2 but KeV will be there at 9 , Will will have the Kocin book. Kocin will need a new chapter on SNE KUs in 10/11

people trickle in between 2pm and 3pm...good and sometimes boisterous group of guys/gals...talk about weather, talk about sports, talk about ctblizz's snow banks, Will always brings the Kocin books...listen to will spout off his ever impressive knowledge of sports and the history of snowstorms in New England...drink some beers, eat some food...very relaxed...lots of pictures...sometimes reenactments of weenie suicides...good stuff!

Separate posts same exact thoughts, chilling

oh, we usually hear tales of this alternate dimension known as GC (god's country) if it so pleases the natives, they come down from their land at 2k and tell us these magnificent stories of glade skiing, and snow-shoeing, and dog-walking, and xc-sking and snow pack the lasts from november-may...you know, stuff that boggles the imagination, stuff that weenies dream about at night...

Archived