joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2nd NE Funky GTG

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, we usually hear tales of this alternate dimension known as GC (god's country) if it so pleases the natives, they come down from their land at 2k and tell us these magnificent stories of glade skiing, and snow-shoeing, and dog-walking, and xc-sking and snow pack the lasts from november-may...you know, stuff that boggles the imagination, stuff that weenies dream about at night...

We also drive trucks on roads with big snowbanks.

oh, we usually hear tales of this alternate dimension known as GC (god's country) if it so pleases the natives, they come down from their land at 2k and tell us these magnificent stories of glade skiing, and snow-shoeing, and dog-walking, and xc-sking and snow pack the lasts from november-may...you know, stuff that boggles the imagination, stuff that weenies dream about at night...

lol

and if your very lucky.

1. good drinks 5$

2. bar food 9$

3. the Rev Kev imitates the weenie bridge jumping/ chair tip....(oft accompanied with a snowstorm busted forecast) ...... with a smile .....chair and simulated rope around the neck.....to the dismay of families covering their children's eyes. - priceless

lol

and if your very lucky.

1. good drinks 5$

2. bar food 9$

3. the Rev Kev imitates the weenie bridge jumping/ chair tip....(oft accompanied with a snowstorm busted forecast) ...... with a smile .....chair and simulated rope around the neck.....to the dismay of families covering their children's eyes. - priceless

4. F**K THE RUC!!! exclaims the REV at inappropriate times.

It's very low key, just picture friends out relaxing, chowing having a few beers talking about everything mostly weather. Liitle worries about not knowing anyone, everyone welcomes everyone new. Starts at 2 but KeV will be there at 9 , Will will have the Kocin book. Kocin will need a new chapter on SNE KUs in 10/11

As much bitching that I did about the back room at Funky''s, in retrospect it sure beats getting pushed around by the waitstaff at Brew City.

Ugggghhhh.

Should be a good time. Drunk weather freaks making snow weenies in the parking lot,

As much bitching that I did about the back room at Funky''s, in retrospect it sure beats getting pushed around by the waitstaff at Brew City.

Ugggghhhh.

Should be a good time. Drunk weather freaks making snow weenies in the parking lot,

Wonder if we can see out the windows by then, , parking should be a hoot

I am considering going as I have never been before...can someone tell me what it is like? What time does it start?

They are a LOT of fun!!! Just like Diane and Steve say!!!

people trickle in between 2pm and 3pm...good and sometimes boisterous group of guys/gals...talk about weather, talk about sports, talk about ctblizz's snow banks, Will always brings the Kocin books...listen to Will spout off his ever impressive knowledge of sports and the history of snowstorms in New England...drink some beers, eat some food...very relaxed...lots of pictures...sometimes reenactments of weenie suicides...good stuff!

:lmao: good one, Diane!

You'd better be there, friend!!! I'm 80% sure I'm going. For now, looks like Mother Nature will cooperate, but not sure about family issues. And don't forget...last time I read this, the newlyweds will be there!!!! :wub: I wonder how Nick is surviving this frigid weather after leaving Bermuda (sigh...).

It's very low key, just picture friends out relaxing, chowing having a few beers talking about everything mostly weather. Liitle worries about not knowing anyone, everyone welcomes everyone new. Starts at 2 but KeV will be there at 9 , Will will have the Kocin book. Kocin will need a new chapter on SNE KUs in 10/11

Yo, you'd better try to get to Taunton March 11-13, especially on 3/12 when Paul will be the banquet speaker at the 36th Northeastern Storm Conference. Right up the street from KBOX!!! See separate thread "snow conference" for links and details. Just updated that one yesterday.

Hope to see many of your weenies there!! :snowman:

--Turtle ;)

Come on weenies. Let's get a huge turnout. We're living the winter of all our lives. There will be 36 inches of snow OTG in ORH. With an epic Feb and march still to go. Come and join us and talk snow, and have a good time. We'd love to meet you if you haven't been able to attend before. And I certainly hope all the usual attnedees are going. Sign your names

Come on weenies. Let's get a huge turnout. We're living the winter of all our lives. There will be 36 inches of snow OTG in ORH. With an epic Feb and march still to go. Come and join us and talk snow, and have a good time. We'd love to meet you if you haven't been able to attend before. And I certainly hope all the usual attnedees are going. Sign your names

So who's in?

MPM

Will and Megan

Scooter and Ali

MPM

Mrg

Hunch

GAY

Jerry

Blizzardgeek may go

Phil most likely

Cold Miser

Pickles

Big Balldowski

The flood guy from Moosup with sandbags attached to both ankles

Maybe MaineJayhawk?

Zeus maybe

I'm sure there's others I'm forgetting. Will needs to get Tippy to come

Amy, Sarah, and I are going

I would love to come and meet you all finally despite the fact I don't post much you all seem like a great group that provide many laughs. Anyone know if the gathering spot is near the Worcester Commuter rail stop? I am gona be in Boston Friday night at a friends place without wheels and If it worked right I could just jump on the commuter rail and head that way. I guess I am asking if the station is any where close to Funky Murphys as I am not to familar with the area.

I would love to come and meet you all finally despite the fact I don't post much you all seem like a great group that provide many laughs. Anyone know if the gathering spot is near the Worcester Commuter rail stop? I am gona be in Boston Friday night at a friends place without wheels and If it worked right I could just jump on the commuter rail and head that way. I guess I am asking if the station is any where close to Funky Murphys as I am not to familar with the area.

Jerry offered rides from Boston

Archived