• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The 2nd NE Funky GTG

HoarfrostHubb

As a "yuppie" myself, I would never wear jeans out to a bar. Given that every single person in that picture is wearing jeans, I would hardly call that a "yuppie entourage". Looks closer to white trash in my book. If they were truly "yuppies:", everyone in the crowd would be wearing Vineyard Vines, JCrew,Brooks Brothers,or Polo. Not trying to sound gay or elitist, but that is far from a "yuppie crowd". Not to mention, a true "yuppie" would celebrate the 30th birthday at the family homestead in Marion, Mass., Weston, Mass., or Greenwich, CT, a far distance from downtown Worcester.

I wore jeans. And I assure you, I'm not white trash. I'm not even sure I'm white...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My point was that these were not "yuppies.". Not even quite sure that "yuppies' exist in this day and age. It was not a criticism against anyone on this board. Being a weather fanatic, like myself and the rest of this board, is clearly not "yuppie" in the traditional sense. Looking forward to some rain this week to wash the salt off the Mercedes triad......joke......

As a "yuppie" myself, I would never wear jeans out to a bar. Given that every single person in that picture is wearing jeans, I would hardly call that a "yuppie entourage". Looks closer to white trash in my book. If they were truly "yuppies:", everyone in the crowd would be wearing Vineyard Vines, JCrew,Brooks Brothers,or Polo. Not trying to sound gay or elitist, but that is far from a "yuppie crowd". Not to mention, a true "yuppie" would celebrate the 30th birthday at the family homestead in Marion, Mass., Weston, Mass., or Greenwich, CT, a far distance from downtown Worcester.

Your mustard brown high water Dickies with white socks combo must be quite the hit in rural RI. Pics please!!!!!

Sounds like your a clansmen?

Ah thought so,so your a Watch Hill RI type, I do not think you would fit in with us as we accept all people for who they are not where they eat ,drink, what they look like or talk like. Sensing some elitist attitude. Enjoy your rain.

Thank goodness, otherwise we would be fooked...

40/70's Bahstan accent, Blizz's follicle follies, my dorkiness

Hey, just wanted to say I had a great time and thanks to whoever put this together. And a special thanks to Ginx and Amy for the introductions. And to Will for the on-the- spot model interpretation tips. It is really neat to be part of such a diverse group with such a strong common interest. As Jerry put it; there were professional meteorolgists and then was the rest of us who missed their calling. Thank goodnes we have the Internet and groups such as these to make up for it. I never would have believed that there are so many others with such a keen interest in the wonderful world of weather. A few lousy (sorry) quality pictures attached.

Can you believe this winter we are having?!

post-1047-0-98138500-1296518481.jpg

post-1047-0-39743300-1296518500.jpg

post-1047-0-35368200-1296518521.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived