gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
The return of winter pattern disco

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am literally laughing as I pull up each panel.

Me too -- both because of the ridiculous QPF and the weird setup. To my admittedly untrained eyes, it looks like an inverted trough on enough steroids to make the 1984 East German women's swim team blush. I look forward to hearing how the mets interpret this.

Granted we would not jackpot on the 00z EURO depiction, however I would not lament it because we would fare better than the last event.....not only were the mid level centers not tucked as far to the west, but the shredding seen that wknd was anomalous to the point where I just don't think it would happen to that degree....even given identical circumstances.

The 00z EURO was great because we know the EURO is going to dig this too far s , at one point, so I like where we stand.

It starts out as an inv trough/frontiogenesis band, that turns into a ccb and comma head. You don't get more of a weenie solution than that.

That's like Feb '69...backing in like that from the east after starting out as an inverted trough.

and anyone NW who thinks they are out of the good stuff just remember the iron clad rule, that played out last storm, the best snows are always NW of the actual bomb. Well when do EM and locals begin prep this time?

im totally fine here.....

6-12 inches and much more in new england, great run

the best part of the run was that NJ is shutout, however i am defintely concerned that the h5 is digging further south......id hate to see this trend away to the MA, nightmare that would be.

Me too -- both because of the ridiculous QPF and the weird setup. To my admittedly untrained eyes, it looks like an inverted trough on enough steroids to make the 1984 East German women's swim team blush. I look forward to hearing how the mets interpret this.

Pretty much par for the course when it's trying to resolve a pattern that wants the low further west IMO. The norlun seems to be a flag most of the time to a pending west trend/normal track. If it had no support from the EC it's often support for a later OTS shift, but this one seems to be well set.

Days away but it's kind of clear a big one is coming with the details of who/where from DC to Maine to be sorted out.

Granted we would not jackpot on the 00z EURO depiction, however I would not lament it because we would fare better than the last event.....not only were the mid level centers not tucked as far to the west, but the shredding seen that wknd was anomalous to the point where I just don't think it would happen to that degree....even given identical circumstances.

The 00z EURO was great because we know the EURO is going to dig this too far s , at one point, so I like where we stand.

Wasn't the shredding of the precip. bands due to the marginal mid-level temps? Possibly due to the high pressure to our north being displaced slightly west of where we like it.

I'm going to be very careful with my optimism for the area between ORH and the E. slope of the Berks until I see a strong high sitting NW of us. Would like to see the models indicating avoidance of another 80 mile wide screw zone.

Tip, as of now What are your quick thoughts?

I believe the future GFS runs settle SW and the Euro comes a tad up the Coast...in time.

pin point the best statistical locaiton for the compensating retrograde up N is between NJ and the Benchmark.

Above 50% for an above median scale impactor.

Even though this has a slight retrograde I don't think people should confuse it with the occluded retrograde garbage we've had off and on around here over the last couple of winters. This bombs out closer to the coast as H5 captures it and it develops a raging CCB. This isn't the light garbage that retrogrades in after being in Nova Scotia.

Wasn't the shredding of the precip. bands due to the marginal mid-level temps? Possibly due to the high pressure to our north being displaced slightly west of where we like it.

I'm going to be very careful with my optimism for the area between ORH and the E. slope of the Berks until I see a strong high sitting NW of us. Would like to see the models indicating avoidance of another 80 mile wide screw zone.

The precip shredded because the best forcing was over eastern and se areas. The air wasn't really allowed to continue to upglide as it's pulled nw. We basically had a subsidence area in those locales that hasd4-8".

We had some dry air wrap in above 700mb which made a lot of the snow growth a lowlevel thing...it worked anyway near the CF and inflow areas along the coast around BOS...but further west got fragmented precip after awhile.

We would likely avoid that this time...but details like that are not for worry until we are actually sure we have a good event on our hands. You can get hammered fine without a high....just look at Feb 5, 2001.

Archived