• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
SNE: 2010 Retrospective

HoarfrostHubb

In no particular order, and I'm probably going to forget a few...

The long duration torch - 11 months of AOA normal temps, finally dying in December ... Jerry's ****ing elephant

Ginx's Imaginary Flood - Late March flooding in SRI that cost my mom $25,000, and she doesn't live along the Pawatuck - Mundane Rain

January Windex - A Beast from the West, howling, lightning flashing, snow that dropped 2.5" in 25 minutes

Hotter than a Firecracker brutal heat July 5-8

February Surprise - a decent 10-12" snowfall IMBY when the mets said 3" Feb 27

Epic Perdestrian Boxing Day Blizzard - only game me 9", but great to hear of top 10 snows in BOS, mighty winds

July 19 Supercell that almost produced a tornado in N ORH county

Add your events! May 2011 produce more amazing weather

-The late Feb retro cane that brought 80+mph winds to ne mass

-The mid March floods that were pretty epic for eastern sne. 10-18" of rain in two weeks.

-Late night June severe tstm that dropped nickel sized hail imby. (I'll have to check the date).

-July heat wave

-Dec 26th storm will probably be the greatest event imby.

Not SNE, but...The highlights of 2010 might be that there were no highlights, no big snowstorms, essentially zero +SN until an hour or two yest pre-dawn, no TS beyond weak despite more svr forecasts than any other year in memory, no real cold, no record heat despite some notable warmth.

Having 46 consecutive above normal days (2/8 thru 3/25) with 20 in a row +10 or milder is probably the most noteworthy "event". My 12.5 yr records show no other streaks, above or below avg, longer than about 25 days.

watching epic storms stay south (heart-breaking!)

Spring arriving around the end of Feb (this part I liked!)

summer heat and humidity along with the drought

waiting and waiting and waiting to see if this coming winter we would get snow

enjoying every inch of snow in early jan (as i was just removed from fl for 10 years)

watching retrograding stale marine air flooding 37F rainstorms in late feb and march as SNE chocked on a big potential snowfall period

hot azz summer from hell (not as bad as FL but hottttttttttttt) and into september.

climbing stratton mtn in mid october with a foot of snow on the ground above 2800'

waiting for it to snow.....then enjoying a 3 inch wed nite then a foot Sunday-nite/monday morn. and the NAO ensembles look cold for mid winter hurray!

For my backyard...

The early Jan retrograde fail. I got a few inches from part 1 of the event and then was downsloped for part 2

The Jan 28 WINDEX squall line. 2.2" here and the only legit measurable snow here from 1/21-2/15. Behind it followed the only below 0F temp of my 2010

A surprise overnight 7.4" of wet snow Feb 24

Feb 25-26 rain/wind storm. Not-so-much for the wind here, but talking to my mom on the phone in MHT while the 60mph gusts roared through.

The Early Spring thaw allowing for a warm late Mar/early Apr

Snow flurries on May 9

May 26 hailstorm

Early July heatwave and the warm July as a whole

Boxing Day snowstorm with 13" here followed by the highest wind gust I've recorded (48mph)

And then overall, just how warm 2010 was as a whole. I haven't done number crunching for climo sites, but my home station data is showing a 2010 avg temp of 48.2F with only a few days to go. Assuming CON is a little warmer than me, as usual, that would put 2010 close to the warmest calendar year on record.

Was it officially considered a drought in his area? It was hella dry for a little while, but I did not realize it was considered a drought.

he stopped paying the water bill and his grass died = epic drought

and to put a picture on the pedestrian event here we go

34 inches in bretton woods FTW over the dirty jerz crowd

post-500-0-46878500-1293569938.jpg

Where's my dryslot? I figure that would have taken up half the pic.

that dryslot was disgusting and cost wa wa 10 inches.....i never heard one mention of a epic dryslot even as nite went on. it seemed most were miffed by it not filling in much in the 11-4 am time frame. Thank god for CF enhanced band to seal the deal for accums over the populated areas.

And then overall, just how warm 2010 was as a whole. I haven't done number crunching for climo sites, but my home station data is showing a 2010 avg temp of 48.2F with only a few days to go. Assuming CON is a little warmer than me, as usual, that would put 2010 close to the warmest calendar year on record.

CAR is set to obliterate their warmest year record, data back thru 1939. Thru 12/27, 2010 is averaging 44.41 there, and the old record set in 1999 is 42.39. (2006 might be a tad higher but SEP is missing.) They may cool their Dec avg enough to drop the gap between #1 and #2 to a bit under 2F, but that still is a monumental beat-down, about the same gap as between #2 and #11. The 44.41 is 5.05 above the 1971-2000 average.

Only have Farmington data thru 12/15, but they're 2010 avg is 46.35, and looks pretty solid for 3rd warmest. 1931 is tops with 46.67, 1953 at 46.45, and 1949 the only other one over 46, but barely at 46.04. This year is a contender, but nothing like what's happened up north.

Well last winter was pretty horrible for me, not only from a weather standpoint so I'll just go into this spring/summer:

-March flooding and the wind event

May 26th severe wx!!!!! Two severe t'storms in a span of an hour, tornado in VT, incredible lightning.

June 5th/June 6th tornado watch weekend!!! Was INSIDE the microburst that occurred at BDL and the next day saw a funnel cloud...which I failed to get a picture of.

The Bridgeprot tornado on June 26th.

July 21st...ALL TIME RECORD of 4 tornadoes in one day for the state of CT and total of 7 for the event (3 in ME).

The two tornadoes and macroburst in Queens, NY area in September

Chasing Earl on the Cape and almost getting hypothermia.

Then of course...this past blizzard...watching the entire process for about a week and learning a crap load about winter wx and winter wx forecasting.

Well last winter was pretty horrible for me, not only from a weather standpoint so I'll just go into this spring/summer:

-March flooding and the wind event

May 26th severe wx!!!!! Two severe t'storms in a span of an hour, tornado in VT, incredible lightning.

June 5th/June 6th tornado watch weekend!!! Was INSIDE the microburst that occurred at BDL and the next day saw a funnel cloud...which I failed to get a picture of.

The Bridgeprot tornado on June 26th.

July 21st...ALL TIME RECORD of 4 tornadoes in one day for the state of CT and total of 7 for the event (3 in ME).

The two tornadoes and macroburst in Queens, NY area in September

Chasing Earl on the Cape and almost getting hypothermia.

Then of course...this past blizzard...watching the entire process for about a week and learning a crap load about winter wx and winter wx forecasting.

:lmao:

TORNADO WATCH PROBABILITIES FOR WT 0272

NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK

1014 AM CDT SUN JUN 06 2010

WT 0272

PROBABILITY TABLE:

PROB OF 2 OR MORE TORNADOES : 90%

PROB OF 1 OR MORE STRONG /F2-F5/ TORNADOES : 50%

PROB OF 10 OR MORE SEVERE WIND EVENTS : 80%

PROB OF 1 OR MORE WIND EVENTS >= 65 KNOTS : 60%

PROB OF 10 OR MORE SEVERE HAIL EVENTS : 50%

PROB OF 1 OR MORE HAIL EVENTS >= 2 INCHES : 30%

PROB OF 6 OR MORE COMBINED SEVERE HAIL/WIND EVENTS : >95%