yoda Posted Tuesday at 08:50 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 08:50 PM 5pm TD 9 1 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted Tuesday at 09:06 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 09:06 PM The only hurricane chance in two years…and it falls right around my wife’s birthday. Can’t make it up. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TSSN+ Posted Tuesday at 09:06 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 09:06 PM Wasn’t our last tropical impact by isaias? 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
George BM Posted Tuesday at 09:09 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 09:09 PM 2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said: The only hurricane chance in two years…and it falls right around my wife’s birthday. Can’t make it up. Introduce her to the thrill of hurricane force winds and sideways rains. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted Tuesday at 09:13 PM Author Share Posted Tuesday at 09:13 PM 2 minutes ago, TSSN+ said: Wasn’t our last tropical impact by isaias? Weren’t the remnants of Ida pretty bad in the MA? Just now, George BM said: Introduce her to the thrill of hurricane force winds and sideways rains. She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases. I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ravensrule Posted Tuesday at 10:11 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 10:11 PM 56 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said: She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases. I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. Divorce is always an option. I know a good attorney if you need one. Plus @mitchnick would probably do it pro bono for you. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Scarlet Pimpernel Posted Tuesday at 10:54 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 10:54 PM 42 minutes ago, ravensrule said: Divorce is always an option. I know a good attorney if you need one. Plus @mitchnick would probably do it pro bono for you. <Beavis-and-Butthead Voice> Heh, heh, heh! @ravensrule said "pro BONO!" Heh, heh, heh </Beavis-and-Butthead Voice> 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted Tuesday at 11:40 PM Share Posted Tuesday at 11:40 PM 1 hour ago, ravensrule said: Divorce is always an option. I know a good attorney if you need one. Plus @mitchnick would probably do it pro bono for you. Nope. Retired. No longer have an active law license. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted yesterday at 02:15 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 02:15 AM 2 hours ago, mitchnick said: Nope. Retired. No longer have an active law license. Congrats on being retired. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted yesterday at 03:06 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 03:06 AM Back on track...remnant rain looking like a high likelihood now for the region as this rounds the eastward shifting high. Perhaps, there may be a severe risk too if this tracks to the west? 5 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted yesterday at 03:23 AM Author Share Posted yesterday at 03:23 AM The VERY definition of a small window! I was spot on with this part of the peak season forecast. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 18 hours ago Author Share Posted 18 hours ago Now exceeding the NS portion of the forecast, but with the best chance yet of a H/MH. Peak Season Forecast (Aug 20-Oct 20) Named Storms: 5 (6) Hurricanes: 3 (0) Major Hurricanes: 1 (0) Dolly, Edouard, Fay, Gonzalo, Hanna, Isaias 4 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
dailylurker Posted 17 hours ago Share Posted 17 hours ago 13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said: Weren’t the remnants of Ida pretty bad in the MA? She’s been, but we have a rule where birthday plans are nonnegotiable. I’ve hopped on flights around my birthday to leave her behind for chases. I guess the bill is coming due. Literally and figuratively. I use to have a girlfriend like that lol. I have a new rule for the next one. Snow is more important than our relationship will ever be, includingyour birthday. I'll be on the Tug Hill all winter playing in snow and I work 7 days a week during the warm seasons. Take it or leave it lol I like what I'm seeing in the gulf. I'd chase if I didn't have a large project right now. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 12 hours ago Author Share Posted 12 hours ago 4 hours ago, dailylurker said: I use to have a girlfriend like that lol. I have a new rule for the next one. Snow is more important than our relationship will ever be, includingyour birthday. I'll be on the Tug Hill all winter playing in snow and I work 7 days a week during the warm seasons. Take it or leave it lol I like what I'm seeing in the gulf. I'd chase if I didn't have a large project right now. I’m sure there’s someone out there that would take that deal We let each other be ourselves. That works well most of the time. Looks like we have a center reformation ongoing. A vertically aligned system substantially increases RI odds. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
EastCoast NPZ Posted 11 hours ago Share Posted 11 hours ago 13 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said: Back on track...remnant rain looking like a high likelihood now for the region as this rounds the eastward shifting high. Perhaps, there may be a severe risk too if this tracks to the west? I love how it tracks to my west yet the heaviest precip goes to the east. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 9 hours ago Author Share Posted 9 hours ago 1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said: I love how it tracks to my west yet the heaviest precip goes to the east. Some things never change. 2 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Weather Will Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago WB 12Z ensemble precip. Totals through Monday afternoon. 4 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
JenkinsJinkies Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago 17 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said: The VERY definition of a small window! I was spot on with this part of the peak season forecast. I never want to hear anyone say this is an “interesting weather free zone” ever again. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mitchnick Posted 7 hours ago Share Posted 7 hours ago 4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said: I love how it tracks to my west yet the heaviest precip goes to the east. Looks like it's redeveloping to off the coast. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 5 hours ago Author Share Posted 5 hours ago 1 hour ago, mitchnick said: Looks like it's redeveloping to off the coast. Yeah that’s something to watch 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
CAPE Posted 5 hours ago Share Posted 5 hours ago HH Natty Blend 6 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Eskimo Joe Posted 3 hours ago Share Posted 3 hours ago On 10/6/2026 at 5:06 PM, TSSN+ said: Wasn’t our last tropical impact by isaias? Helene wrecked the SW part of this subforum. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 1 hour ago Author Share Posted 1 hour ago 1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said: Helene wrecked the SW part of this subforum. Yeah, good recall. That was highly impactful. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
jewell2188 Posted 57 minutes ago Share Posted 57 minutes ago 20 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said: Yeah, good recall. That was highly impactful. Don’t really think this will be Helene for anyone including western NC. If memory serves me right they had a predecessor rain event just days before Helene. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 39 minutes ago Author Share Posted 39 minutes ago 17 minutes ago, jewell2188 said: Don’t really think this will be Helene for anyone including western NC. If memory serves me right they had a predecessor rain event just days before Helene. Oh no not at all. This is probably modest impact at best. Severe risk tbd. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pazzo83 Posted 20 minutes ago Share Posted 20 minutes ago hurricane now. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WxWatcher007 Posted 13 minutes ago Author Share Posted 13 minutes ago 5 minutes ago, pazzo83 said: hurricane now. And with that, my peak season forecast grade improves. Might get two H's now that the NHC won't have to worry about postseason futility records with Fay. Peak Season Forecast (Aug 20-Oct 20) Named Storms: 5 (6) Hurricanes: 3 (1) Major Hurricanes: 1 (0) Dolly, Edouard, Fay, Gonzalo, Hanna, Isaias (H) 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now