Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,038
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

January 2026 Medium/Long Range Discussion


snowfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Had 2 of those. How about a few 2-4/3-6 deals? I'll be greedy lol.

I have minimal interest in anything less than a 4-6”+ event. I like snowstorms a lot more than I like snow lol. Hopefully this winter includes something substantial for this area.

  • Like 1
  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t think the Dec 29-Jan 5 window favors EC snowstorms (apart from lighter snows that don’t pop up in modeling until less than 5 days). But once the +PNA develops after Jan 5 (if it does), all bets are off. 

6z EuroAI likes the 10th-11th. We'll see how many more runs it can hold. Lol 

sn10_024h-imp.us_ma (2).png

  • 100% 1
  • clap 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Go Time??? I have to admit; the weather alphabet is looking good for the chance at a coastal snowstorm going into the first few weeks of the New Year.  +PNA, -EPO, -NAO. Does that mean Baltimore will finally get a Monster Snow for sure? No, of course not.  But the table is set. Stay tuned...
G9QxP3aWAAAWFfu.thumb.png.4c9368fdec548abb0238ae52d7e8fe81.png
G9QxUudW4AA1oDU.thumb.png.4a0dfb31c7ac4e55a6640e722e8470f6.png
G9QxSWDXUAAsZNf.thumb.png.051e00d1b47bf05fc6c072487f0ac963.png
 
 
 
 
  • Like 2
  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Once you see the crazy eyed smiling face blocking pattern you can't unsee it. One of the wildest looking progs I've seen basically ever lol. Break out the Visine and stuff haha

image.thumb.png.21f53713818fecad6efc82facd5abf5b.png

If we can't score just one warning level snowfall in this setup, then something's wrong.

  • Like 3
  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO I like the Jan 10-13 timeframe better than Jan 5-8 just because we're more likely to have the PNA and EPO in our favor. Lots of members show big hits on each ensemble then. Jan 5-8 will be hard to get a big storm more than 6+" just because the PNA and EPO are unfavorable. The odds are stacked against us there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, bncho said:

IMO I like the Jan 10-13 timeframe better than Jan 5-8 just because we're more likely to have the PNA and EPO in our favor. Lots of members show big hits on each ensemble then. Jan 5-8 will be hard to get a big storm more than 6+" just because the PNA and EPO are unfavorable. The odds are stacked against us there.

I’m thinking the same. But i’ll take anything before the 10th!

  • Like 3
  • 100% 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

0z EPS for the 4th- vorticity and surface pressure- got some southern stream action. Precip stays just to the south.

1767463200-XpYptITB67I.png

1767484800-i5Yj2dkuGhs.png

 

1767484800-ENATVfccTZM.png

 

 

As mentioned by other posters the time period after this particular storm signal look to be more promising but I really cant help but like this depiction for the 4th. We have a good amount of vorticity to our south, a block to our north, and surface low pressure across Georgia in a position to bring in both gulf and Atlantic moisture. Of course, as depicted the bowling ball to our north would suppress the storm but for a week out I really can't hate it. We just need to see the trends but as it currently stands it is more than trackable. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...