• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

What is with this smear campaign of the NWS?  Really haven’t seen anything wrong with their overall forecast… they said showers possible anywhere, then a more concentrated area developed in a narrow zone?

What are we doing on here? lol.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What is with this smear campaign of the NWS?  Really haven’t seen anything wrong with their overall forecast… they said showers possible anywhere, then a more concentrated area developed in a narrow zone?

They had a totally dry forecast for CT today. In the morning AFD. Meanwhile somewhere in Tolland ….. half an inch and counting . I admitted I was wrong. They should too . It’s ok to be wrong and admit it.

c7kZOMC.png

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Actually looping radar you can see the mid level forcing from SW to NE helping to enhance it. Just a good WAA push and a little deffy to squeeze it out.

There's also some straight up convergence between about HFD and ASH ( axis ).  

Look at the region sat loop you get a distinct impression of a general westward motion east of that line, and an eastward motion west of it. 

Where in fact if Kevin drove 30 minutes west he'd be in brightening.  I think western CT is trying to salvage the afternoon.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

There's also some straight up convergence between about HFD and ASH ( axis ).  

Look at the region sat loop you get a distinct impression of a general westward motion east of that line, and an eastward motion west of it. 

Where in fact if Kevin drove 30 minutes west he'd be in brightening.  I think western CT is trying to salvage the afternoon.

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=subregional-New_England-02-24-0-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

It's fine in Burlington CT; mild and dim sunshine.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FXWX said:

It's fine in Burlington CT; mild and dim sunshine.

Hey John  .. low grade heat wave potential, Tue-Thur.   By that we mean ... flirting with the big nine-O but could miss with upper 88's. 

I don't see this as being a dewy heat - we'll see on that... Wet antecedence may contribute locally more so than transport with higher soil moisture after recent rains.

But, the current machine numbers are likely a shade cool given the over-arcing synoptic look there. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They had a totally dry forecast for CT today. In the morning AFD. Meanwhile somewhere in Tolland ….. half an inch and counting . I admitted I was wrong. They should too . It’s ok to be wrong and admit it.

The grids looked like they had a chance of showers?  Showers possible in any location, showers becoming widespread, 

CT River Valley may luck out with a primarily dry day sounds like a good call… dry obs and temps near 70F at BDL currently?

Showers will become more widespread after 15Z today
as PWATs surge to >1.0", aided by a weak 925mb jet of 20-30kt draped
over eastern MA. General thinking is showers are possible in any
location, but will be more widespread east of the Worcester metro
area. In fact, the CT River Valley may "luck out" with a primarily
dry day as weak high pressure attempts to nudge in from the
southwest. While it will a dreary and rather chilly day, with little
to no diurnal swing in temps from current obs (in the 50s and
low 60s, west)

24 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The grids looked like they had a chance of showers?  Showers possible in any location, showers becoming widespread, 

CT River Valley may luck out with a primarily dry day sounds like a good call… dry obs and temps near 70F at BDL currently?

low 60s, west)

It was a bad start to the day in Hartford and points east but who cares. That’s the pattern. 

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It was a bad start to the day in Hartford and points east but who cares. That’s the pattern. 

I was just about to delete that thinking, I really don’t give a shit either way.  Not sure why I decided to fight that battle or stand on that hill :lol:.  Really don’t care.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It's actually perfect to me ... it fits right in timing with my personal pattern.  heh.    Not a work out day.  No yard projects going on.  No other plans?

I guess if we have to douche out a whole day, this would have been the day I picked.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

It’s a talking point for a part of the political spectrum that wants to boost privatization of a lot of what the NWS does. Not saying that’s his perspective but that’s where it got its start.  

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

low 60s, west)

There's a lot of perception involved.  As the local wx hobbyist, I get asked about the forecast.  Given verification like today, different reactions:

To NWS, "You blew it."
To me, "You nailed it."
:lol:

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was just about to delete that thinking, I really don’t give a shit either way.  Not sure why I decided to fight that battle or stand on that hill :lol:.  Really don’t care.

The downside of being a climatologically beautiful time of year (here at least) is that it can be awfully boring. Nothing remotely interesting. No snow, no tropical, no heat, no dews, no cold, no drought, no fires, no flooding, nothing.

Throw in a bunch of rainy days that force people inside and some go stir crazy. 

12 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The downside of being a climatologically beautiful time of year (here at least) is that it can be awfully boring. Nothing remotely interesting. No snow, no tropical, no heat, no dews, no cold, no drought, no fires, no flooding, nothing.

Especially when it wasn’t modeled or forecast . To go from a scattered shower to a day long soaking rain is enough to just take a bat to every window in the house 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah it’s turned real nice in ALB.

70s and sun.  Out with the nieces at the local elementary school.

IMG_9642.jpeg.3ad93537b936fd17d5cad58a67391895.jpeg

• Like 3

23 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Bedford.

That’s a nice town. My friend lives there. Torch tiger used to live there and post  about snow. Then something traumatic happened and he wasn’t the same.

• Haha 8