• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 16-17 Severe Weather Event

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Not sure. Almost looks like a fog bank getting sucked up in updrafts. Is that possible?

Very possible actually. There was definitely a lower layer you could definitely be correct. Looked cool anyway. Only lasted for about 5min.

25 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Might just need a little more humidity for this to really get going. The atmosphere is solid at the moment, I'm shocked nothing is really taking off

There is a dry slot right out in front of these storms. Wonder how much that plays into it. Nothing to the east or south of existing storms has been able  to sustain

12 minutes ago, largetornado said:

There is a dry slot right out in front of these storms. Wonder how much that plays into it. Nothing to the east or south of existing storms has been able  to sustain

NW Ohio has a much better environment. LCL's likely need to come down a few hundred meters though

IWX received damage reports near Pennville, IN. Subject called and reported that he watched neighbor's shed get blown off and claimed it was a tornado. They received other damage reports nearby. The Jay County EMA director is enroute to do an assessment. Here is the radar grab from that time-frame. I guess there could have been a quick spinup.574057084_VelocityScanRipples121121.thumb.png.4f1f57b4d0d937b64d00f7d88cb5dfb4.png

this is once again, close to my family (sort of)

* Tornado Warning for...
  Marion County in north central Ohio...
  Western Morrow County in north central Ohio...

* Until 430 PM EDT.

* At 355 PM EDT, a severe thunderstorm capable of producing a tornado
  was located near La Rue, or 8 miles west of Marion, moving east at
  40 mph.

HAZARD...Tornado.

SOURCE...Radar indicated rotation.

1 hour ago, SolidIcewx said:

Can’t complain at all. Some nice storms rolling through SE MI

Good garden type storm here.  Winds at most 35MPH.  1/2" of rain.  1 awesome lightning strike.  

• Like 1

Our @hlcater got some of the better footage I've seen of the tornado of the day (at least duration/impact-wise) which tracked from Houghton-Mediapolis, IA. Me, I was on the storm minutes beforehand but didn't think it looked about to produce and jumped on the southern storm, which was also tornado-warned at the time, and chased it across the river to near Little York, IL but it never did much of interest.

Wall cloud looking west on 140th St., south of Houghton or near Mt. Hamill:

GX010210.MP4.16_20_48_12.Still003.jpg

• Like 1