Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

700mb is the issue.  Might pinch off just in time for you.

IMG_9033.thumb.png.072a7fdba9960b7bd82cf9665df41ede.png

I already looked at that on the 12k and it did here, Just looked at 3k and did there too fwiw, More analyzing then i need to be doing on the Nam lol

660b1d259e93a.png

1 minute ago, MaineJayhawk said:

Getting a little granular with the NAM at like 60 hours here .. haha!

I don’t like that primary low, ha.  Warm mid-levels doesn’t seem like a huge stretch with the mid-level set-up.  That primary low makes it like a SWFE on the front side.

Like Scooter said, it makes sense to some degree but it’s also the NAM.  

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

700mb is the issue.  Might pinch off just in time for you.

IMG_9034.thumb.png.35bcc3fd2e027f3f35a29b22d6b9979f.png

This certainly isn’t good news for those looking for big snows. I wouldn’t discount it at all, the NAM is VERY good at picking up warm layers like that. Anecdotally it seems like when it’s NAM vs the cooler globals in these types of setups, the NAM is right more often than not. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t like that primary low, ha.  Warm mid-levels doesn’t seem like a huge stretch with the mid-level set-up.  That primary low makes it like a SWFE on the front side.

Like Scooter said, it makes sense to some degree but it’s also the NAM.  

I'm just bustin'.  If folks want to Zapruder the 60h 18z NAM then this is the place to do it :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Well, That's the thing, Not sure how well its handling it but that does reek havoc on the models.

Developing theme now is a late blooming CCB as the ULL interacts with the 980 ish LP south of CC. Turns the corner someone from Scooter to NE Mass gets smoked.  Meteorologically makes perfect sense with that position of the ULL

1 hour ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

These are the kind of numbers you like to see on your point and click.

Screenshot 2024-04-01 160442.png

Maybe in January or February?  The garden is calling....I'm about ready for 60F with sun for a several day stretch now. 

11 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Developing theme now is a late blooming CCB as the ULL interacts with the 980 ish LP south of CC. Turns the corner someone from Scooter to NE Mass gets smoked.  Meteorologically makes perfect sense with that position of the ULL

All guidance is bullish up here since 12z, Even the 18z ICON which I typically don’t look at.

• Like 1

Wednesday
Sleet likely before 8am, then snow and sleet. High near 29. Very windy, with an east wind 44 to 55 mph, with gusts as high as 65 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Wednesday Night
Snow, possibly mixed with sleet, becoming all snow after midnight. Low around 25. Strong and damaging winds, with an east wind 60 to 65 mph, with gusts as high as 80 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.