Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Euro op pretty mild at 925 into srn NH. You need this thing much further south.

It was fun for a couple days. But we’re prob cooked unless we sink this back south 50-100mi

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It was fun for a couple days. But we’re prob cooked unless we sink this back south 50-100mi

At least Providence will get some relief from their drought.

there is high confidence that this storm will produce
significant precipitation in southern New England. NBM probs of 48
hour rainfall exceeding 2 inches ranges from 30 to 50 percent across
the forecast area with the bull eye centered roughly over Providence
RI. 
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

At least Providence will get some relief from their drought.

there is high confidence that this storm will produce
significant precipitation in southern New England. NBM probs of 48
hour rainfall exceeding 2 inches ranges from 30 to 50 percent across
the forecast area with the bull eye centered roughly over Providence
RI. 

I mean 2” in 48 hrs is a drop in the bucket considering we have been getting 2-4” in 12 hrs

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Ya hoping for a trend south today but like my spot for atleast something here 

You’re still in a good spot. Maybe even down to ORH but it would feel A little better even in that area to see things tick a little south. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I mean 2” in 48 hrs is a drop in the bucket considering we have been getting 2-4” in 12 hrs

We’ll get another 2-6” of rain in CT out of this . Deep easterly inflow just hammers the moisture in and wrings out. 35 and 3 days of rain and strong wind gusts 

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We’ll get another 2-6” of rain in CT out of this . Deep easterly inflow just hammers the moisture in and wrings out. 35 and 3 days of rain and strong wind gusts 

We will see snow last 2 days though .

18 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Sloppy white rain and some snow here.  Sell those clowns. 

You will be surprised.  Does anyone inland not see the massive height falls and stalled CCB? Sell the GFS .I think crazy uncle Euro and GEM have the best grasp. Pretty much every ensemble member crushes you. Enjoy power loss.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

So are you

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

I’d sign on the dotted line now if I could.
I always get worried about elevation this time of year plus possible poor rates on an easterly fetch. 
The more latitude the better so you’re in a little better shape than I am.   Let’s hope this works out as a treat to end a rough snow  season.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m not sold on that . I’m sure there’ll br some 33-34 degree wet snow that doesn’t stick 

Yeah there will be a lot of white rain lingering as the ULL takes its time to move out but I don’t expect much of that stuff to stick. Maybe briefly in heavier snow showers. 

The key for siggy accums is getting into the meat of the CCB on the coastal. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

The block? Kind of makes sense with that block there ..no? 

Few pages behind in this thing, but I like the GGEM's blocking influence, during -AO and/or -NAOs, more so than the GFS Euro (for positioning aspects in space) and always have.   Maybe it's something to do with that index being more important/urgent in every day means up there, but just anecdotally they seem to do well with that aspect.  A blend in the ens means may be more useful. 

I haven't looked at jack squat since very early yesterday morning and that was a just a cursory pass thru.   Fwiw, yesterday's Euro and GGEM solutions from 00z ( now 36 hrs old) vs last night's, other than essentially meaningless differences were remarkably similar.  

This looks like to historic storm on Jan 31st, but since it is March 31, we are getting some geriatric diminishing returns due to seasonal aspects that cannot be avoided. 

Again, this system is unique relative to anything we've seen this last season.   It is anchored by the index rate of change, which is why it is moving so slow.  It's driven by sub-PNA --> +PNA with a well timed NE Pac S/W diving in.  This latter wave space gets caught underneath a very potent albeit -NAO burst over the western limb of the domain space.   That is dense statistical correlation for just carving over the Del Marva ...yet the GFS once this over Worcester.  Anyway, the wholesale event is some 30 hrs in some of these model because it is straight up index driven event...

Unfortunate that it is happening on March 31 and now January 31.  Shave 3 deg for winter climate off that thermal plumb and this thing would easily be a top 10 event.   Not only would the ptypes be settled, but the more intense baroclinic axis throughout the entire domain would positively feed-back in consolidation and higher storm productivity results from that.  So a few realistic aspect that cannot be avoided in this from what I am looking at. 

The JMA has never deviated from a blockbuster blue bomb, btw.    If for cartoon value alone, this is a pretty ominous look

jma_z500_mslp_us_6.png