Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

@NoCORH4LWhat I mean is that often times in marginal Spring snow storms, the interior valleys struggle more than the coastal plain of interior NE MA....largely due to the fact that there is no element of downslope on the coastal plain during these storms, which can be fatal when thermals are borderline.  Additionally, if there is a cold source north of ME, then it can funnel into this area.

Take a look at some of the snow maps from historic spring storms.....there is often an appendage of somewhat higher amounts arching from the ORH hills into interior ne MA. This is especially relevant here since the primary may be gaining quite bit of latitude prior to the transfer.

Case en point...the 00z EURO.

ecmwf-deterministic-boston-total_snow_kuchera-2318400.png

8 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

I could see your area cleaning up, I remember the 97 storm I didn't snow blow, I let the April sun melt it and just plowed through it with my 4 wheel drive truck for two days.

The best thing about a big storm in this time period is that things will clear out just in time for the eclipse.  All signs point to ridge building and nice warm sunny weather the following week for the northeast.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only elevations south of NH/ VT border . Berks/ ORH hill in N ORH county 

You to Union north still have a good shot at snow out of this, really hills of E CT/RI north

10 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Tonight and tomorrow will be pretty big for the confidence of this storm track. Typically if you’re gonna see a big move, it’s that period from 120ish to getting inside of 100 hours. 

The biggest threat zone right now is prob something like western Maine foothills (like Bridgton and lakes regions there) down through dendrite-land into Monads, N ORH hills and Berks/S VT. 

No changes. 

Gonna need a subtle south shift if we want to get more of SNE in the game. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s possible it flips to snow towards the latter half, but the good damaging heavy snow is going to be at elevation north of 90. 

Agree... In this setup at this time of the year I'd be wary of hvy snows in the southwest quadrant of the snow shield...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

We look good here for now.. I  just hope we don't see this push further north

It’s a subtle trend but the WAA and main coastal CCB have become a little more disjointed since yesterday. So it’s actually done two things:

1. Push the threat ever so slightly north 

2. Slightly reduced the ceiling of a higher end KU type storm total max zone

These are subtle trends and could easily shift back but they could also keep shifting the way they did overnight which would lessen the impact further. 

• Like 3