Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Like I said yesterday you are on an island in the center of the universe.  Just surrounded by cold. Luckily after Friday AM it's balls to the wall COC for days and days. Last wind chills in the the low 20s? Thursday Fri AM? We start COC season and it's real and it's spectacular 

Screenshot_20240423_055906_Chrome.jpg

We plant 

8 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Just done after that please.  5/17/23 was a late season freeze disaster in Connecticut. The local orchards around here had no apples last Fall.

Yeah it wiped out the orchards up here as well. Thankfully this is 4 weeks sooner and no blossoms have opened yet here. 

• Like 4

Our AN weather in winter hasn’t translated to early spring. It’s like 6 months of mid to late March. 

Seeing how easily we freeze at night is a real spectacle on April 22 + after mid January taking an alignment of the stars to see a low below 35.

April just reminds us all of how bad our climo is for outdoor activities, generally…

But people are paying up to live here…Less snow but not less shit…

I’m finding my ticket out. Fentanyl weather is for the birds. Life is short.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Our AN weather in winter hasn’t translated to early spring. It’s like 6 months of mid to late March. 

Seeing how easily we freeze at night is a real spectacle on April 22 + after mid January taking an alignment of the stars to see a low below 35.

April just reminds us all of how bad our climo is for outdoor activities, generally…

But people are paying up to live here…Less snow but not less shit…

I’m finding my ticket out. Fentanyl weather is for the birds. Life is short.

It really does suck. Let's face it, the only people who enjoy winter in New England are those invested in weather or those who like to ski or snowboard. Outside of this, winter is generally depressing with the short days and dark by 4:30. It then takes forever to enter a weather pattern where we're consistently warm and not have to worry about whether outdoor activities will be ruined (minus thunderstorm chances). 

With both my parents gone and the ability now to work remotely, I am strongly considering at some point re-locating down South. I still have family up here but my girlfriend's family and parents are mostly in Florida. I can always come up this way to visit. 

I've even considered something like living in Florida from March - May and then September-November and then here from June-August. Just thoughts though...not sure if they will ever become serious enough to act upon but it seems like seasonal depression gets worse every year. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

It really does suck. Let's face it, the only people who enjoy winter in New England are those invested in weather or those who like to ski or snowboard. Outside of this, winter is generally depressing with the short days and dark by 4:30. It then takes forever to enter a weather pattern where we're consistently warm and not have to worry about whether outdoor activities will be ruined (minus thunderstorm chances). 

With both my parents gone and the ability now to work remotely, I am strongly considering at some point re-locating down South. I still have family up here but my girlfriend's family and parents are mostly in Florida. I can always come up this way to visit. 

I've even considered something like living in Florida from March - May and then September-November and then here from June-August. Just thoughts though...not sure if they will ever become serious enough to act upon but it seems like seasonal depression gets worse every year. 

I find there are two sets of people in New England, those who want to move south for the warmer weather and those who want to move further north for the peace and quiet. While living in a warmer climate had its advantages, you do get sick of 90+ temps and 70+ dews for 6-8 months straight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

I find there are two sets of people in New England, those who want to move south for the warmer weather and those who want to move further north for the peace and quiet. While living in a warmer climate had its advantages, you do get sick of 90+ temps and 70+ dews for 6-8 months straight. 

I know it's easy for me to say I wouldn't but maybe I would. I think I would be totally fine with that and then to change it up maybe deal with 3 months of winter like weather with snow.

Prohibitive favorite for top diurnal spread today...

Bottomed out at 29 around 5:50 am just before the dimmer switch started elevating the light.  It is onw 56 already.  A 27 F correction thru 9:40 am.  

850 mb Ts mature to +3 by 21z ... I doubt the mixing hgt gets that tall but we'll see.  The sun is pretty ferocious now and sat and sky truth are both diamond clear with 0 inclusions.   So the super adiabatic layer at the bottom will be violently bouncing against the ceiling. It may be a late high ... between 4 and 5 pm.  Was visualizing about 67 at BDL and FIT and I'll be damned if MAV machine numbers are right there.

But assuming so ... 38 or 39 spread at a time of year where a 1 to 2 pt machine cool bias is not unheard of ...we could cap out at 40 degree spread.   wow

Sneaky pick of the week day.  I mentioned that today had a chance to be a gem but I think we're all too captivated by the size of the seasonal dong we're about to take Thursday to at least enjoy a swell day in the foreground ?

• Like 1