Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

6/9/53 in ORH was EF4 and there are arguments (from observed damage) that it was a 5.

This is true, which is why I rank 6/9/53 as number one, besides the fact that it was by far the deadliest tornadic event in New England history, it produced a possible F5, as well as two other F3's that day. July 1989, May 1998, and June 2011 are high on the list also, but none of those events (not even 1953) compare to the 1944 Appalachian outbreak, which had 3 F3's and 3 F4's, or the May 31, 1985 outbreak with a whopping eight F4's and one F5. May 31, 1985 was actually one of the most violent outbreaks anywhere in the US, so I can't really imagine an outbreak of that magnitude ever occuring in New England, however I definitely think something on par with 1944 is possible here.

Just realizing we had a pretty big flood event the other night here.  Walking the dog from home I started noticing logs and trees out in the soccer fields.  The river here showing mud deposits like 4-8 feet above where the river is today.

We only got like an inch of rain but the river height looked like 4-6” of rain in major summer flows.  Shows how much the mountain snowpack can add to it.

IMG_9292.jpeg.4ab2c0b1d3c1c575a6da6d732636f727.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg.e184dedd149d071b6077f41aae80bea7.jpeg

The Dog Path goes through here but it’s now gone as like 40 feet of land disappeared from this field overnight two nights ago.

IMG_9293.jpeg.ecf5dac9f9b2fe1b5ef50a8aec71fd7f.jpeg
IMG_9296.jpeg.2155dd24278dd8bc2ebfb6bd489c0e52.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Hydro :damage:

Funny when it happens overnight and no one sees it as it’s very flashy here… happens fast and recedes fast once done.  But it’s like why are their logs out in the soccer fields? huh. :lol: 

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Just realizing we had a pretty big flood event the other night here.

I noticed how high the rivers flowing into lake Champlain were yesterday in the way up to Montreal. The lake looked high too. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The wettest last 2 years around NE in history. Hopefully Stein drops his sac right across Scooters face like a Roman helmet all summer. We need it 

I guess that's one way to put it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed.  Don’t care if the grass is torched brown all summer. Or if gardens need daily watering.

Just give us months of dry weather.  Anyone who complains about dryness this warm season is a psychopath :lol:.  Make it stop.

I want sufficient rains for lawns and plants.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Just realizing we had a pretty big flood event the other night here.  Walking the dog from home I started noticing logs and trees out in the soccer fields.  The river here showing mud deposits like 4-8 feet above where the river is today.

We only got like an inch of rain but the river height looked like 4-6” of rain in major summer flows.  Shows how much the mountain snowpack can add to it.

IMG_9292.jpeg.4ab2c0b1d3c1c575a6da6d732636f727.jpeg

IMG_9295.jpeg.e184dedd149d071b6077f41aae80bea7.jpeg

The Dog Path goes through here but it’s now gone as like 40 feet of land disappeared from this field overnight two nights ago.

IMG_9293.jpeg.ecf5dac9f9b2fe1b5ef50a8aec71fd7f.jpeg
IMG_9296.jpeg.2155dd24278dd8bc2ebfb6bd489c0e52.jpeg

Oh yeah I noticed :)

IMG_1623.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed.  Don’t care if the grass is torched brown all summer. Or if gardens need daily watering.

Just give us months of dry weather.  Anyone who complains about dryness this warm season is a psychopath :lol:.  Make it stop.

I for one have grown fond of this perpetual monsoon season and enjoy the occasional trek through the swamps that have become my backyard in recent months. I could not imagine a day without sinking several inches into the lawn as I casually walk my canine companion throughout the land while she meticulously searches for a place to do her naughty business. 

/s

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1