Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 General Discussion

rainsucks

4 hours ago, madwx said:

After this weekend and the one middle of next week I think we should be done with cold shots after that 

I'm not even convinced yet that next week's will pan out as currently modeled by guidance. I'm not saying it won't, but the models continue to overdo the intensity of cold shots time and time again, so I'm a bit skeptical.

• Weenie 1

7 hours ago, rainsucks said:

I'm not even convinced yet that next week's will pan out as currently modeled by guidance. I'm not saying it won't, but the models continue to overdo the intensity of cold shots time and time again, so I'm a bit skeptical.

You are right about that. The Euro AIFS has been trending warmer with each run for next week

8 hours ago, rainsucks said:

Its nice to be back at the time of the year where a "cold" shot still leaves us in the upper 50's for highs. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Brian D said:

Snow showers moving through today. Already seen a few flakes early this morning. More convective stuff slated for the afternoon. Could see a little white on the grass, if I get hit good.

Spittin some snow here as well this morning, mid-30's. Cool, seasonal weekend on tap but should see a fair amount of sun by tomorrow afternoon and Sunday. All in all, not bad.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, madwx said:

You are right about that. The Euro AIFS has been trending warmer with each run for next week

yep, there's been a clear warming trend for sure. Still receive a weenie from a useless poster for being objective, though.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

On 4/19/2024 at 8:16 AM, SchaumburgStormer said:

Its nice to be back at the time of the year where a "cold" shot still leaves us in the upper 50's for highs. 

Today is going to challenge that. May have frosty mornings upcoming week

• Sad 1

On 4/19/2024 at 12:07 AM, rainsucks said:

Well, they are just guidance on MAYBE. :) 

Here across N MN yesterday, NWS DLH forecast, on a storyboard, highs around 39-45, and it ended up being 35-40. Happens regularly that forecasts, even on the day, are high/low balled.

22 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Hard freeze here this morning with a low of 26.

Impressive late-season cold, especially by recent standards.  It was 30 here.  Some low temps in the LOT area:

ARR 24

RFD 26 (record is 24 in 1988)

DKB 28

FEP 28

DPA 29