Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
New England Met Spring 2024 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

On 5/5/2024 at 7:14 AM, BrianW said:

This post inspired me to order some apizza from Sally's last night... large meatball and a white clam...

A classic New England/VT long trail is my beer of choice with New Haven pizza...

Baked and served on these premises since 1938...

@powderfreak

@mreaves

Screenshot_20240505_053640_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20240505_053621_Instagram.jpg

I had APizza last year in CT. It was really good.

20230413_140450.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Lunchroom pizza

20240503_201432.jpg

The Pizza Lady in Pawcatuck makes soupy sausage and meatball pizza to die for. They also make a cold no cheese pizza that is out of this world. Growing up the actual Pizza Lady delivered cold pizza folded in half wrapped in brown paper. A dollar 25 for a whole. She made it in earthen ovens in her back yard. Her Grandson, a classmate of mine, took her recipes and opened  The Pizza Lady. He retired this year. Good stuff Ant

348s.jpg

• Like 3

@Ginx snewx

Do you have any recommendations on dog exercises to strengthen their lower back? 

Back in December, I was outside playing with the dog and he was chasing the ball. All of a sudden he let out a series of yelps and tumbled over. My initial thought was he re-injured his leg because he was favoring his leg. Before my gf and I met, he had injured himself jumping the fence and a few months after dating he had to get ACL surgery I think on his back right leg and this time it was his back left leg. We were nervous because they told us there is a good chance he will injure the other one at some point. 

Anyways, we got him into an emergency vet and after doing some tests and checking him out, they realized he may have actually done something to his lower back (when they did some light pressing on his spine he reacted towards his lower spine and when they did a paw flip thing, he didn't really react when they put his back left paw backwards...it just kind of flopped). They told us they believe he could have had a minor stroke in his back but didn't think there was anything serious. I was nervous about something more serious so shelled out $3,500 for an MRI, which thankfully showed nothing serious. They expected him to fully recover. 

Anyways, probably within a few weeks we were back to playing. I think it was last Friday or Friday before, he seemed to be in some pain which was the first time since the injury. 

You can tell though its still on the weak side. Do you know of anything we can try to maybe strengthen the lower back?

On 5/10/2024 at 8:20 AM, Ginx snewx said:

^Never had RI seafood or Calabrese Italian meals. 

I think people try to equate the R.I. pizza strip/slice (cold "pizza"), with normal, baked pizza.  Back in the late 80's when I first had R.I. pizza, I was like, wtf is this?  How is this a thing?  Cold bread with sauce, and maybe a bit of parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. Over the years I came to appreciate this uniquely r.i. dish.

On 5/10/2024 at 9:41 AM, Ginx snewx said:

The Pizza Lady in Pawcatuck makes soupy sausage and meatball pizza to die for. They also make a cold no cheese pizza that is out of this world. Growing up the actual Pizza Lady delivered cold pizza folded in half wrapped in brown paper. A dollar 25 for a whole. She made it in earthen ovens in her back yard. Her Grandson, a classmate of mine, took her recipes and opened  The Pizza Lady. He retired this year. Good stuff Ant

348s.jpg

You been to trigo in willi yet?

Bear rolled the neighborhood dumpster in the daylight hours today.  It has bear-proof locking bars and he must’ve been pissed he couldn’t get in, so tried to tip it over and roll it.  Bear prints and scratches all over it.

These animals are strong. Can rip a door off its hinges or roll a dumpster very easily to get to a food source.

Unfortunately for this bear, the bar held and he pinned the dumpster lid against a tree.  He’ll be back, always is.

I need to set up some motion cams around here to catch them more frequently in real time.  Scratches all down the front of this dumpster, would be awesome to see a bear push this over.

IMG_9645.jpeg.dbc9974df4a489ea994e725f10ac5e92.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Patrick-02540 said:

And Sartrean shame.  Cats express something similar when they goof up one of their acrobatic endeavors, and they know you saw it.

When we lived in the back settlement west from Fort Kent, we made a curving tube run behind the house.  2-3 kids would climb onto an inner tube from a skidder and George the cat liked to stand in the track then jump up so to land on the kids' laps, fun for all.  One time he was a bit late on the jump, though the soft inner tube caused no harm.  The cat reappeared then sprinted up to our porch and sat there grooming: "Nothing to see here."