• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
14th Lawn and Garden Thread P Allen Smith 2024

20 hours ago, mreaves said:

Not really lawn related but house related. We are having our house re-sided and some new windows installed. The finished the first side today. 

IMG_4252.jpeg

Today the picture window and basement windows were installed and just about all of the front was completed. 

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

• Like 7

On 5/22/2024 at 6:25 PM, mreaves said:

Today the picture window and basement windows were installed and just about all of the front was completed. 

IMG_4258.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

Congrats. Just did the rest of the windows in my house and it’s a game changer. I couldn’t really even open the old ones—original to the house. 

On 5/22/2024 at 8:16 AM, Lava Rock said:

Think I've posted this before, but anyone know what this weed is? Its roots are very hardy but fairly easy to pull out20240522_072741.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Looks like mugwort.  Roots will spread quickly underground.  Can cause pollen allergies like ragweed.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, tunafish said:

I picked up a Reel mower at a yard sale last fall.  It's an actual workout using it and kinda fun.  But wouldn't recommend for anything more than a half acre.

I cut our lawn for years when I was a kid with one of those, it wasn't like the new lightweight Worx mower, it was made of oak and weighed a ton. Finally, my father bought a newfangled gas mower when I was about 15 or so, wasn't self propelled and we had a decent size hill in the yard. They cut nicer than new mowers, it's like clipping every blade of grass with scissors.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I cut our lawn for years when I was a kid with one of those, it wasn't like the new lightweight Worx mower, it was made of oak and weighed a ton. Finally, my father bought a newfangled gas mower when I was about 15 or so, wasn't self propelled and we had a decent size hill in the yard. They cut nicer than new mowers, it's like clipping every blade of grass with scissors.

Ha, yep, that's like the one I have.  Probably 15 pounds.  Thought I could get my 9 year old to use it.  Not happening this year, maybe next.

I do love the cut it gives.  Only complaint is I can't wait too long between mowing otherwise the clippings clump and I have to rake after.