• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Discobs 2024

George BM

Full winter continues here in the PNW today but I think this will be the peak depth for the season? A break in the storms and nice warmer drier pattern is setting up here.

Wife is in flight to Aldie to work on the summer wedding plans and the VA weather looks very spring-like! 

From my shift this morning.   Nov photo is the day I got my part-time job at Mt Bachelor.  The roof snow slide is just to the roof edge today.  Spring boarding and skiing will be outstanding the next 2-1/2 months.  Parking lot snow bank walls are at 20’ high or more. 

IMG_3685.thumb.jpeg.625b6dc99c872767c4f18354e8245b74.jpeg

IMG_3688.thumb.jpeg.cf1b200b73967c11e6c302533fcfd891.jpegIMG_3686.thumb.jpeg.f8348a92d6094f616539de64fe17a9cf.jpeg

• Like 4

I don't even want to think about this upcoming summer. You guys could get roasted by some 108 days with 73 dews. I could get helled to death with 109 degrees with 79 dews numerous times. It is becoming common to lose rose bushes every summer.

Better watch out NY, DC, OBX, FL and Miami and the entire Gulf Coast. We have very high ocean temps now even in the deep winter. High ocean temps plus La Nina = You better look out coastal cities. Lots of tropical weather systems, some extreme hurricane cases. Insurance premiums are gonna be broadsiding many.

Also some extreme rain cases. Hard to pin down where, but those are on the increase.

9 hours ago, snownut said:

Full winter continues here in the PNW today but I think this will be the peak depth for the season? A break in the storms and nice warmer drier pattern is setting up here.

Wife is in flight to Aldie to work on the summer wedding plans and the VA weather looks very spring-like! 

From my shift this morning.   Nov photo is the day I got my part-time job at Mt Bachelor.  The roof snow slide is just to the roof edge today.  Spring boarding and skiing will be outstanding the next 2-1/2 months.  Parking lot snow bank walls are at 20’ high or more. 

IMG_3685.thumb.jpeg.625b6dc99c872767c4f18354e8245b74.jpeg

IMG_3688.thumb.jpeg.cf1b200b73967c11e6c302533fcfd891.jpegIMG_3686.thumb.jpeg.f8348a92d6094f616539de64fe17a9cf.jpeg

GORGEOUS PICS! I am soooooooooooooooo Jealous! All that snow! I would be blissfully digging snow for months and months and months! I would pay the plow operators hundreds of IPAs to push feet of snow where I dug so I can re-enjoy digging!

I am, very crazy about digging the snow. I never get enough snow. Not even in a place like Hoth. Not ever.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Jebman said:

GORGEOUS PICS! I am soooooooooooooooo Jealous! All that snow! I would be blissfully digging snow for months and months and months! I would pay the plow operators hundreds of IPAs to push feet of snow where I dug so I can re-enjoy digging!

I am, very crazy about digging the snow. I never get enough snow. Not even in a place like Hoth. Not ever.

Skied today, sky cleared to bluebird after noon.  Summit still not open for deicing lift exit and avalanche blasting. I work my regular job the next 2 days so not back until the weekend.  

Some zoomed-in photos from the mid-mountain lift. 

The bowls have snow year round so it would interesting to know the current depths?  

IMG_3709.jpeg

IMG_3708.jpeg

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Jebman said:

Zoom in of the cliffs today. 

Sadly an experienced skier died earlier last week.  It's a big mountain and easy to get lost or in a dangerous area.  

https://www.bendsource.com/news/bend-resident-dies-at-mt-bachelor-20766994

IMG_3707.thumb.jpeg.cb24e3a5c9e63fa1ecaf2914b69c525b.jpeg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

lmao mid 70s again today with filtered sunshine

We hit 83 degrees with 70 dewpoints. I was out working in this. That brand new shiny base state is bringing in spring a month early. We hit 91 in late Feb. We already have 90 percent leafout. That is early for us.

Winter Park is getting totally annihilated right now, 9 inches and piling right up. They might get 2 to 4 feet. They have literally piled up one inch as I was watching their snow stake! They might be at 3 inches an hour! The frackin' 10 is getting covered up by snow already!!!!!!

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

https://www.winterparkresort.com/the-mountain/mountain-cams

That puppy is up to ELEVEN INCHES, and pouring heavy heavy snow!!

There's only one thing everyone here needs to know.

I, Jebman, am YOUR one stop shop for all things and places SNOW! I specialize in the Sierran/Cascadian Cordillera, but right now The Front Range is THE PLACE TO BE for deep snows!

ALEET! ALEET! Winter Park! YOUR SNOW STAKE IS GONNA GET BURIED BY TORRENTIAL OROGRAPHIC SNOWS before daybreak! Look, I KNOW they clear that snow stake at 4pm sharp every afternoon, but this storm aint gonna wait for that! It's takin' NO PRISONERS! They might end up with five feet of freshies!

They have THIRTEEN INCHES as of  352am Central Time!!!! That snow is just TORRENTIAL!!!!!

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic