Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was thinking to myself while taking the trash out late last night how I couldn't believe it was going to rain tomorrow night....the cold had a bite to it amid that "fresh" arctic aroma.

Sucks.

You sure that wasn't just the diapers in the trash?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I was thinking to myself while taking the trash out late last night how I couldn't believe it was going to rain tomorrow night....the cold had a bite to it amid that "fresh" arctic aroma.

Sucks.

Split sentiments for me. 

It would be interesting while it is happening to have this bust colder - event just testing the suspicion that it may.  How much, notwithstanding

But at the same time, the whole past the ides of March getting on with exiting cold; I could not be more wanting of this latter state of affairs. 

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

10° this morning with winds 20-30, the rare spring morning with subzero WCI.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even compared to 2K in srn VT....I can't recall such a dichotomy in the state. 

Been so many events with razor thin margins in this area--whether its IP, ZR, rain.

Mitch is only about 20 miles south of me, but we have the same totals this winter--I think 69" vs 70". He probably averages 40-50" more annually.

11 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Split sentiments for me. 

It would be interesting while it is happening to have this bust colder - event just test the suspicion that it may.  How much, notwithstanding

But at the same time, the whole past the ides of March getting on with exiting cold; I could not be more wanting of this latter state of affairs. 

I love a good spring snower, but I this was never tantalizing enough for me to muster an once of engagement considering how emotionally drained these last two seasons have left me. I haven't posted a blog since the late Feb March preview...earliest check out in the 10 years I have been doing this....just absolutely convinced it was over and this shit was not worth another ounce of my energy.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Nammy ticking south too.

Just N-NW of Maine there has been like 1 to 2mb increases in the sfc pressure among the recent guidance tendencies.   I think there's a modest correction vector that points toward the colder solution types - whom or whatever carries those.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Which is ridiculous considering a shit winter for so many others. But, at 3.5K...I guess you can't use that as a good proxy to a majority of New England. Still, a huge anomaly. 

Need to get just high enough and into cold air to make do with the high precip anomalies.  Feels like a Pacific coast winter.  Eventually you hit an elevation where the rain turns to snow.

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM still a torch a loft, but a little south of 6z. Not a massive shift. Gun to head says go with NAM thermals, but maybe adjust south a tad?

Not surprisingly with the Jerry antecedent air mass HRRR starts with a tiny burst of  snow here with WAA. I could see HUNCHIE with 3/4

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Someone in central NNE gets smoked.  Like a GFL-RUT-IZG axis?

IMG_8834.thumb.png.a8bcb6d6ce66646731932fae1d4ab7e2.png

Might be heading to Pit2 tonight.......cusp of something decent there per that clown.

WHAT...Heavy mixed precipitation expected. Total snow
  accumulations between 4 and 9 inches, sleet accumulations around 1
  inch, and ice accumulations around two tenths of an inch.  The
  greatest snow accumulations will be away from the immediate
  coast.  Winds gusting as high as 35 mph Saturday night.
  • Like 1