Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

On 3/8/2024 at 9:59 AM, SJonesWX said:

I am going to go ahead and take the WAY under on that for my area. no way do I see 3-5". perhaps some wet flakes, but that will be about it. my call: 0.0" 

AWT. 0.00000” with some mangled flakes mixed in at the onset.

Yeah ... I'd pump the breaks on warmth expectations N of NYC if you're willing to be objective/realistic. Based upon available guidance/indicators there-of-all, too dicey.

You're not ever, in mid March, going to get certitude for warmth when there is a west to east oriented polar boundary aligned from roughly ORD to ALB to PWM.   That's cutting things really, really close during a seasonal time of year where cold still tends to win those battles. 

Lord knows I want it.  The preceding statement has nothing to do with my personal druthers on this week.  But ... I don't tend to allow that sort of thing effect my judgement. If the ridge burgeons more and the modeling trend pushes said boundary another 200 clicks N, that'd help.

Btw ...I had a thought this morning.  

With this AI invasion into the et al technology of weather/environmental modeling, we may not have as much of the annoyance in waiting the extra hour for dissemination ?  

The delay may get offset.    I'm wondering -

It's probably just a matter of time before the American side adopts something similar to the ECMWF's goal. 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Btw ...I had a thought this morning.  

If this AI invasion into the et al technology of weather/environmental modeling, we may not have as much of the annoyance in waiting the extra hour for dissemination ?  

The delay may get offset.    I'm wondering -

It's probably just a matter of time before the American side adopts something similar to the ECMWF's goal. 

This Fourcast Net group or whatever they are can be run on the GEFS. I think stormvista did this. The AI version of the GEFS finished in 4 minutes lol. Basically renders the old school GEFs useless from a trader point of view.

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

This Fourcast Net group or whatever they are can be run on the GEFS. I think stormvista did this. The AI version of the GEFS finished in 4 minutes lol. Basically renders the old school GEFs useless from a trader point of view.

Some would argue it's always been useless. :ph34r: