Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024

TriPol

26 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Better next week than on the day of the eclipse.

I've been thinking for awhile now if next week is very rainy, it will increase the odds of better weather for the eclipse.

Hopefully, the EPS high pressure forecast works out for the 8th.

F8451FCD-B6DF-4CBF-9733-C6C037499EB3.thumb.png.ed8fe160c9635c2b501fd7fb7440fff5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Showers early this evening will precede another bout of steady rain for tomorrow into early Friday. A general 0.50" - 1.50" appears likely. the heaviest amounts will likely occur on Long Island. The closing days of March could turn warmer with widespread readings in the upper 50s.

It is very likely that New York City's Central Park will finish the 2023-2024 snow season with less than 10" of seasonal snowfall for a record second consecutive season. Records go back to 1869.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.1°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.3°C for the week centered around March 20. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +0.67°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +1.35°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is continuing to fade with the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly going negative for the first time since the week centered around January 25, 2023. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was -6.85 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.542 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal March (1991-2020 normal). March will likely finish with a mean temperature near 47.9° (5.2° above normal).

3 hours ago, Superstorm93 said:

Some thundah reports out in PA with this slug of cold rain. These dreary days are the absolute worst. 

Yeah I was outside planting lettuce and broccoli this afternoon, and it got nasty with the light rain and temp drop to 47 degrees. I wish we could go back to the 70s that we had earlier in the month. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, donsutherland1 said:

Showers early this evening will precede another bout of steady rain for tomorrow into early Friday. A general 0.50" - 1.50" appears likely. the heaviest amounts will likely occur on Long Island. The closing days of March could turn warmer with widespread readings in the upper 50s.

It is very likely that New York City's Central Park will finish the 2023-2024 snow season with less than 10" of seasonal snowfall for a record second consecutive season. Records go back to 1869.

The ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly was -0.1°C and the Region 3.4 anomaly was +1.3°C for the week centered around March 20. For the past six weeks, the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly has averaged +0.67°C and the ENSO Region 3.4 anomaly has averaged +1.35°C. The ongoing basinwide El Niño event is continuing to fade with the ENSO Region 1+2 anomaly going negative for the first time since the week centered around January 25, 2023. Neutral conditions could develop later in the spring.

The SOI was -6.85 today.

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -0.542 today.

Based on sensitivity analysis applied to the latest guidance, there is an implied near 100% probability that New York City will have a warmer than normal March (1991-2020 normal). March will likely finish with a mean temperature near 47.9° (5.2° above normal).

Don I noticed you said that the average last freezing day is March 29th.  When did this move from April to March? For the longest time I remember that the average last freezing day was around April 10th.

Our first freezing day has not moved that much from November 10th.  I wonder why?

47 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Don I noticed you said that the average last freezing day is March 29th.  When did this move from April to March? For the longest time I remember that the average last freezing day was around April 10th.

Our first freezing day has not moved that much from November 10th.  I wonder why?

The last time NYC had an average last freeze in April was 1961-1990.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Not much still open unfortunately. Killington always goes super late though and would benefit 

I started the general April thread to discuss that storm potential for the first week of April.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

The easterly solutions look to verify based on radar and the latest HRRR

hrrr_apcpn_neus_18.png

West of I-95 the rain looks mostly done. Unfortunately probably plenty more east of there, looks like the batch currently over DE will reach Queens on East anyway. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bluewave said:

I started the general April thread to discuss that storm potential for the first week of April.

the question is if the block is so strong, why dont we see snow all the way down here?

whats the difference between this and say, April 1996, 2003, 2018....

other than the obvious fact that the winters preceding them were much colder lol

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

the question is if the block is so strong, why dont we see snow all the way down here?

whats the difference between this and say, April 1996, 2003, 2018....

other than the obvious fact that the winters preceding them were much colder lol

you answered your own question....There's a general lack of deep cold airmasses this year

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1