Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Refresher snow & obs between ~midnight and Noon Sat Feb 17 2024

wdrag

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

We’ll see what happens in PHL. Under a warning but downtown is still at 40 (it will cool quickly when snow starts) and short range models have most snow near Allentown and along I-78. 

It sure does look right now relative to 12-18Z models today that the heaviest snows may end up north of that

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the_other_guy said:

I never said it wasnt.

I said temps would be marginal to start. 

And here is a newsflash for those reinventing the wheel: 38F at 10pm is a marginal for the start of a snow storm

The dewpoint is 12. There will be no problem with snow fall on a colder surface once the steadier snow arrives.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

I never said it wasnt.

I said temps would be marginal to start. 

And here is a newsflash for those reinventing the wheel: 38F at 10pm is a marginal for the start of a snow storm

The temps will go down once the precip arrives.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SBUWX23 said:

The dewpoint is 12. There will be no problem with snow fall on a colder surface once the steadier snow arrives.

That’s fine. There seems to be a concerted effort here to make 38° sound like it’s a normal overnight temp in February and cold enough for snow. The snow is gonna have to start falling and the temperature is gonna have to cool down. And all that has to happen in an urban environment.

And that will affect total accumulations. That’s all I’m saying.

4 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

That’s fine. There seems to be a concerted effort here to make 38° sound like it’s a normal overnight temp in February and cold enough for snow. The snow is gonna have to start falling and the temperature is gonna have to cool down. And all that has to happen in an urban environment.

And that will affect total accumulations. That’s all I’m saying.

It's good official measurements are not taken on blacktop with a subway system below

• Like 3

Just now, Krs4Lfe said:

Tomer Burg says the northern band of snow is dying out as the southern band takes control and strengthens, which would lead to a dry slot north of Trenton. Concerning if it happens.

Look at radar. That band he said that reformed looks to be heading in the direction of the city. 

• Like 3