Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

2 minutes ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Like watching the Niners fold last night and the Eagles fans trolling the daylight out of them all day today. 

This just in Uncle Ukie will be sitting next to Andy in the KC victory parade holding the coveted golden snowflake trophy high for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Now to be fair the Ukie did have a foot of snow clear into South Jersey I do not think that will verify, but who knows we are in "new times".

You can't please everybody but easily had the flavor of this storm long before the rest, the CMC came in second.

• Like 2

And the latest RAP brings the heavy bands back into the LV. At this point it’s basically just entertainment looking at these unless there’s some crazy last minute trend.
IMG_0696.thumb.png.24cad2222ba9cb2f046e74a25ce7a157.png

I’m not sure what models those dropsondes go into, but the point of them doing it was to figure out exactly where it’s going to track.. and 0z has bumped everything up for us

Just now, anthonyweather said:

I’m not sure what models those dropsondes go into, but the point of them doing it was to figure out exactly where it’s going to track.. and 0z has bumped everything up for us

I just worry we get dryslotted while the Poconos and Philly burbs both get crushed. It’s happened before and it’s a concern for me with every storm like this. You never know where the banding will set up until it actually does.

• Like 2

I bet Delaware County is split in half Northern and Western Parts of Delaware County go under a Winter Storm Warning 3-5" and the east side goes Winter Weather Advisory 1-3" that would actually be a good call for around down here and let the chips fall where they may.  In the mean time we have light drizzle 42.3f dewpoint up to 39f now. 

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Not sure if anyone else has this in their bookmarks, but for us old heads you can relive the glory days of the local on the 8's from TWC with the same theme music:

https://battaglia.ddns.net/twc/

LOL what even is this and who is behind it??? I might have to configure a dedicated RasPi that just shows this. It's wonderful, thank you!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I bet Delaware County is split in half Northern and Western Parts of Delaware County go under a Winter Storm Warning 3-5" and the east side goes Winter Weather Advisory 1-3" that would actually be a good call for around down here and let the chips fall where they may.  In the mean time we have light drizzle 42.3f dewpoint up to 39f now. 

Delaware County is not split like that. 

• Haha 1

NWS put all of Chester County in Winter Storm Warning but specified only higher elevation spots to the north in the county may hit the warning criteria.

Southern areas of Chester County will likely not get
  to warning-level snow. The highest amounts will be confined to
  the northern part of the county and highest elevations.

As I spoke in other posts the last few days, South Mountain range may be the jackpot. Elevation differences and location of the banding will be the determining factor. All the models hint at lollipops near a foot  along RT 100 in the LV down through RT 29 in Upper Montgomery &  Bucks County.  I have seen this happen a bunch of times in the last 40 years.  The sooner it starts snowing the better. Evaporative cooling will be significant as my temps are already in the mid to upper 30's

8 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Hi-res RGEM went crazy for the LV and Poconos!

IMG_0698.png

notice where the 12+ lollipops are  in this map just posted  near RT 100/Rt 29 near Bear Creek Ski resort elevation driven.  I must say I feel real fortunate that macungie area seems to be in the center of it all. I hope this keeps up. I just want to see thundersnow.

image.png
Feels pretty warm out. Looking forward to waking up to a whiteout though, lol.

It really does feel warm up here. 41.5 f and dew of 33.2f (near Allentown.) It may be the rare significant accumulation when the air temp is 33-34 F.

5 minutes ago, Albedoman said:

notice where the 12+ lollipops are  in this map just posted  near RT 100/Rt 29 near Bear Creek Ski resort elevation driven.  I must say I feel real fortunate that macungie area seems to be in the center of it all. I hope this keeps up. I just want to see thundersnow.

It attempts to do a better job at elevation impacts hence why it tries to show the double digit snow totals here in NW Chesco above 700 ft....whether it is right or not......