Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Put this in the other thread.  Seems all the models have shifted the low a touch east over the past day or so.

floop-18z-3k-nam4km-2024021218.ref1km_ptype.conus-02122024.gif

2 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Put this in the other thread.  Seems all the models have shifted the low a touch east over the past day or so.

floop-18z-3k-nam4km-2024021218.ref1km_ptype.conus-02122024.gif

WWA posted for Baltimore and Washington 

I can’t even imagine how the forecasters in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre down to the northern Poconos are feeling right now. This was all but a lock for a major snowstorm for them. And it all fell apart just like that. Fortunately it doesn’t look like there’s enough time for this to bust badly in the Lehigh Valley. Worst case, we get like 4” of moderate snow overnight.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

I can’t even imagine how the forecasters in Scranton/Wilkes-Barre down to the northern Poconos are feeling right now. This was all but a lock for a major snowstorm for them. And it all fell apart just like that. Fortunately it doesn’t look like there’s enough time for this to bust badly in the Lehigh Valley. Worst case, we get like 4” of moderate snow overnight.

Agree - also, people in the Philly suburbs weren’t expecting much of anything and may be surprised.

46 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

So I know the NWS relies heavily on the HREF. So here is the latest HREF.. Maybe why they arent changing their forecast? Only thing I can think of 

snowfall_024h_mean.ne.f03600.png

snowfall_001h_mean.ne.f02500.png

The HREF is looked at but I would not say we rely heavily on it. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Duca892 said:

Hi can this please stop trending S/E. Thanks.... starting to sweat a little bit even here in the LV. Still hoping for a classic 6-10in

Yep this is also NOT one of those situations where snow ratios less liquid further north will help you.  In order to get the heaviest snow you MUST BE in the heaviest corridor of moisture banding. This could be a rate dependent snow that can flip from snow to rain back to rain depending on rates so there is that variale too.

I think if I am forecasting for SE pa like here in Media Delaware County I would call for 3-5" or so. 

Berks and Lehigh counties look to be in the best spot for this as of now. Probably start as some brief rain, unlike those in Carbon/Monroe counties. But the strongest banding and snowfall rates will slide through south of the Poconos for the longest duration. 6-10" thump in that area

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

NWS kept my 4-7" and only one mile away from the Coopersburg forecast zone of 7-10"

3-5" here...no one is mentioning the 30+mph winds which will smash/stick the super wet heavy snow to everything which is kinda cool...

46F 

• Like 2