• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya, I’m not thinking so either. Just makes you laugh when just on Thursday folks were saying how come we don’t get wind with these storms lately?  And BOX is hitting the wind in their watches…so I just found it ironic. 

I wasn't able to come on for most of the day. Are we still looking okay here and our area of CT?

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only 6 hour intervals...12Z

Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 4.28.07 PM.png

I really hope there won't be much subsidence south of the band. Haven't divulged too much into those details yet but that is always a concern. I am also a bit nervous by this placement b/c the most intense banding (I think in this case) would be displaced towards the northwest side of this fronto...so the highest totals would be like S VT/S NH....then south of there could have several different issues going on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

2m temps are a bit warm on the Euro for valley/shore at the onset. Kevin would be fine of course. 

Yeah agreed and I’m not even really counting a few drops at the onset for a place like HFD down to MMK before they wetbulb…when the real precip gets going, it’s going to be snow unless we see some drastic change in guidance over the next 24-36h. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I really hope there won't be much subsidence south of the band. Haven't divulged too much into those details yet but that is always a concern. I am also a bit nervous by this placement b/c the most intense banding (I think in this case) would be displaced towards the northwest side of this fronto...so the highest totals would be like S VT/S NH....then south of there could have several different issues going on.

No way to pinpoint exactly where this sets up, especially at this stage.  ‘13 in the February blizzard, the death band was forecast to set up over eastern/northeast areas, and it came back this way.  That was not forecast even the day of.  So I mean we can take a guess of course, but in the end it’s just a guess. 

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Wait another cycle and it will be somewhere totally different . Last run 700mv low was in central Jersey . Could either go back south or end up over BDL next run 

• Like 1

Current map and disco from Albany:

***We show warning level snow amount of 6 to 9 inches through our eastern Catskills, mid-Hudson Valley, southern Berkshire, central and southern Taconics, and Litchfield County where there is higher confidence for the stronger snow banding to impact and show a sharp northern cut-off around the Capital District where amounts quickly drop off to 3 to 5 inches. Even less for areas north and west of Albany with just coating to 1 inch. We therefore issued a Winter Storm Watch for the aforementioned areas in the 6-9 inch range and will hold off on areas further north where there is still uncertainty on the northern extent of QPF. If confidence increases the precip shield extends as far north and west as the GFS/EC and their ensembles, we will need to expand winter storm watches.***786c3970b9ced1a72afa4143fded630b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

No way to pinpoint exactly where this sets up, especially at this stage.  ‘13 in the February blizzard, the death band was forecast to set up over eastern/northeast areas, and it came back this way.  That was not forecast even the day of.  So I mean we can take a guess of course, but in the end it’s just a guess. 

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Wait another cycle and it will be somewhere totally different . Last run 700mv low was in central Jersey . Could either go back south or end up over BDL next run 

Yes, there is a great deal of uncertainty with it and there is no way to know for sure right now exactly where it holds up. That's why I've held off on making any type of forecast at this point. But what I'm looking at is as we get closer, how will the modeled band be in relation to what occurs? My thinking is at verification time, the banding is going to end up being northwest of where the models are pinpointing.  Looking at where the models show the highest QPF axis 12 hours out and saying that is the sweet spot may not work out that way. 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yes