• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

6 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I remember the storm. It was between 15-17" where I'm at in Plainville. So Wolfie's right.

Me and Runnaway had 8-10” then sleet raced north to the pike your area and Wolfie and a local max maybe ?. Most in CT had about 8-12” from that one with the jack in Hartford/litchfield county line of 17”. 

12.16.20_jdj_snowfall_totals.jpeg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Me and Runnaway had 8-10” then sleet raced north to the pike your area and Wolfie and a local max. Most in CT had about 8-12” from that one with the jack in Hartford county of 16.5”. 

If this is the same store, my remember we had gotten a bunch of sleet and an even had some lightning and thunder before it changed over to snow. This was a weird one. It was wintry the whole time but there was definitely some sleet involved and then snow and quite a bit of it.

12 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Me and Runnaway had 8-10” then sleet raced north to the pike your area and Wolfie and a local max maybe ?. Most in CT had about 8-12” from that one with the jack in Hartford/litchfield county line of 17”. 

12.16.20_jdj_snowfall_totals.jpeg

That map has me at 13.5”, that was pretty close. I might have measured an inch more, but close enough. So it was substantially more than 8-10 here. Very good storm. 

Let’s see how we can get this one to play out for us?  

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That map has me at 13.5”, that was pretty close. I might have measured an inch more, but close enough. So it was substantially more than 8-10 here. Very good storm. 

Let’s see how we can get this one to play out for us?  

Hopeful as of now. Just looking at some stats with the guys we are at just 3 storms over 10” in the last 6 winters for this area. 

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Biggest trend to me on the EPS is tighter with the gradient up north and heavier with the band....

And that is expected with the trend in increased confluence. You’re going to have a really good fronto band somewhere when you have a vigorous southern stream s/w slamming up into that brick wall to the north. But whoever ends up north of that band will be choking on arctic sand exhaust. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

And that is expected with the trend in increased confluence. You’re going to have a really good fronto band somewhere when you have a vigorous southern stream s/w slamming up into that brick wall to the north. But whoever ends up north of that band will be choking on arctic sand exhaust. 

If I had to guess right now, the cut off is around MHT or just south.

9 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

continues the theme of less stream interaction and held back southern stream 

trend-icon-2024020900-f060.500hv.conus.gif.0585d459e239721a0924855addd94aed.gif

Good call on this one. 

GFS was right. I was wrong.

Still of course needs to verify but GFS is beating the competition through 6 innings. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1