Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

12 minutes ago, katabatic said:

Your yin to my yang. Calm before the storm here. Finally made it to Donner Summit last night - and now looking at a forecast for the ages. The pic is the entrance to my Airbnb condo. Will be interesting to see what it looks like post storm. 

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

So, so cool. Well done and enjoy every minute. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, katabatic said:

Your yin to my yang. Calm before the storm here. Finally made it to Donner Summit last night - and now looking at a forecast for the ages. The pic is the entrance to my Airbnb condo. Will be interesting to see what it looks like post storm. 

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

Not joking here….i hope the structure you’re in is sound. After they got pummeled last yr, I’m sure some structures have some unfixed weaknesses. Dropping 10 ft of snow on a roof takes a toll. That being said, enjoy and send pics!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

Where it snows so much they call 32-38" a snow shower.

How much is a snow flurry?

50 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I'm in New Windsor tonight at the fire department and I can hear them over the wind. They definitely are out in force tonight.

I hear them over the wind and just now through a closed window

I, for one, welcome our new peeper overlords.

16 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

La Nina winters always end with an impressive windstorm in late February / early March, so this is no surprise either.

That early March  one 5 or so years ago had like 26 hours of sustained at 40 and 36 hours gusting over 40

i can’t remember but the stats on that are crazy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

Yo charge your phone in case you lose power!

56 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

Just looking at the forecasts for some of the areas near Mammoth! INSANE!

Here is the output from one of the plowing companies. LOL! 

Mr72vbRtEWoFfwiupcpz2UmCWFZiV4Y7qCmv7gU19zzhCeqvpDgj5SpfXH6UrN8cf1Ro_7_zGIjOBiM=s800-c-fcrop64=1,000044e3ffffbb1c-nd-v1

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????? 91 inches of snow in a single frackin' DAY!

I am jealous as all hell!

3 hours ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

You are at Donner? Wow man enjoy the snow! Enjoy that 8 to 10 feet, take long leisurely jebwalks and dig massive amounts of snow!

I will tell ya what that place will look like post storm.

You will be forced to dig like a BADGER just to get out of that building. You are about to be DEMOLISHED by snow SO BAD! Hope you are stocked up! Don't end up like the Andes survivors in 1972 lmfao!

4 hours ago, katabatic said:

IMG_1538-compressed.jpeg

IMG_1544-compressed.png

Please, without endangering yourself, gets some video of day and night white out crazy ass wind s*it

From all of us

Me 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic