Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Discobs 2024

George BM

1 minute ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Another day with the AC cranking in the car and everyone walking about the neighborhood in shorts.  In fact the neighbor kid is outside washing the family SUV in shorts and tank top.  Car thermometer was 69F on the way back from the gym.  Another run at 70F.  

Sweet pattern.  Epic.

Have you ever tried weed? It's a beautiful day. Warm AF and puke worthy, but it's beautiful. 

Puke warm at 67. I hope to get a couple miles on my hiking trail before dark. Trails are beautiful right now. Nice a dry. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

Have you ever tried weed? It's a beautiful day. Warm AF and puke worthy, but it's beautiful. 

Puke warm at 67. I hope to get a couple miles on my hiking trail before dark. Trails are beautiful right now. Nice a dry. 

I invoke my 5th Amendent rights.  Lol.  Nice weather doesn't do me any good on a workday.

• Haha 1

Feel awful for the ski areas. Places like Canaan got off to a nice start, hit 100” on the season and it went down the drain after the mid January snow. They’ve received 4.9” in the last 3 weeks with way above normal temps during peak ski season.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Unequivocally, I can say this has been the most useless Nino of my life.  Almost wall to wall warmth and barely even avg precip.  Nearly halfway through Feb and I have .02".  This has been an absolute disaster.

It's been a sad train wreck to watch.  They started the renovation on our pool this week. Originally late March was the estimate.  

I bought into the hype and have have been sadly entertained by the “experts” banter.  Just 2 more weeks they kept saying…making excuses, can-kicking, backtracking, “I did not say that date”  “didn't mean that” blah blah….

had 1 solid cold and snowy week.  That's the new Nino. 

Spring is right around the corner… or is it already here today? 

25 minutes ago, snownut said:

It's been a sad train wreck to watch.  They started the renovation on our pool this week. Originally late March was the estimate.  

I bought into the hype and have have been sadly entertained by the “experts” banter.  Just 2 more weeks they kept saying…making excuses, can-kicking, backtracking, “I did not say that date”  “didn't mean that” blah blah….

had 1 solid cold and snowy week.  That's the new Nino. 

Spring is right around the corner… or is it already here today? 

Spring arrived the last week of January. 

I dont even care that it barely snowed; that is normal here.  But, the lack of any storms in February is head -scratching.  We're not even officially out of the drought.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Spring arrived the last week of January. 

I dont even care that it barely snowed; that is normal here.  But, the lack of any storms in February is head -scratching.  We're not even officially out of the drought.

Ironically it's been a wetter Nino  than expected out here in the PNW. Snowpack is lower than normal in my area but not by much. And it's loaded with water content because of all the higher elevation rains.  Reservoirs are filling nicely so when it flips to our 4-5 months of bone-dry sunny season maybe plenty of water for summer irrigation? 

I will be in Virginia in a couple of of weeks so let's see if my preordered pattern change MECS HECS pans out… better go read the long-range thread now to see what digital blue is coming   . I took this snow stake photo two days ago.  Should be 120” or more this time of year.  

IMG_3259.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/10/2024 at 8:07 AM, snowfan said:

Feel awful for the ski areas. Places like Canaan got off to a nice start, hit 100” on the season and it went down the drain after the mid January snow. They’ve received 4.9” in the last 3 weeks with way above normal temps during peak ski season.  

The last 3 weeks have been rough. A few days ago, we made a run at 70 (66 IMBY). Been a string of +30 anomalies, especially at night. My husband works at Wisp and I am surprised they have been able to stay open - gotta hand it to them. Mid January was awesome...for a week. All the lifts open, trails in great shape (and employees were getting their fair share of overtime and it was truly a jovial atmosphere there). And like that, the switch flipped which made the good stretch even more painful to say goodbye to. The next week they will be able to make snow at night, so there's that.

• Like 3

So. For those of you who don't want to partake in this crap SuperBowl matchup (I mean, halftime with Usher and JUST Usher is the only redeeming factor, but then again, we may not be able to rule out an appearance by She-Who-Has-ZERO-Talent-And-Dates-A-Kelce) -- we watched "Suncoast" on Hulu last night, with Nico Parker, Laura Linney and Woody Harrelson. It was quite good. Definitely a movie with a different and very sad vibe...I liken it to "Nomadland" which (I think?), was released on Hulu about this time last year. Highly recommended. Nico Parker is a young lady of significant and unique talent...and I think we'll be seeing her do great things in the years to come. (Those of you who have watched "The Last of Us" on HBO Max will quickly recognize her all-too-brief appearance on that show.)

On 2/11/2024 at 9:08 AM, katabatic said:

The last 3 weeks have been rough. A few days ago, we made a run at 70 (66 IMBY). Been a string of +30 anomalies, especially at night. My husband works at Wisp and I am surprised they have been able to stay open - gotta hand it to them. Mid January was awesome...for a week. All the lifts open, trails in great shape (and employees were getting their fair share of overtime and it was truly a jovial atmosphere there). And like that, the switch flipped which made the good stretch even more painful to say goodbye to. The next week they will be able to make snow at night, so there's that.

Wisp and snowshoe are getting in on some good snows.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic