• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

It almost makes no sense to follow these models. They are so bad from day to day and from model to model. This is something that's been happening more and more over the last few years. What a disappointment this could turn out to be

See you at 18z.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Prismshine Productions said:

At least the ground will be white67d532978874da96ba49f3896dde5e5e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Gotta love DT going all out on a Major snowstorm at 12:55pm why not take a peak at EURO before you publish.. some major balls/stupidity to post what he posted before the 12z came out when most had a strong hunch it would be much less impressive at 12z. 

I don't think this will be that poor. I think we will see more than that depiction. EPS is probably a mild step back from 00z.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Disorganized mess on the QPF. Midlevel tracks are really nice though…so I don’t hate that part. Wish the vort was a bit stronger in the upper air which I think would help get that “curl” we want to really get it to go to town 

Throws SE NY and W MA a weenie fronto band. Maybe someone can get lucky with that.

3 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

It almost makes no sense to follow these models. They are so bad from day to day and from model to model. This is something that's been happening more and more over the last few years. What a disappointment this could turn out to be

The OP will waffle within the envelop of physical plausibility, which is dictated by very minor and subtle nuance at H5 that have large impacts on our sensible weather.

Just follow the ensembles...if they go to crap through tonight and tomorrow, then okay.

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The OP will waffle within the envelop of physical plausibility, which is dictated by very minor and subtle nuance at H5 that are large impacts on our sensible weather.

Just follow the ensembles...if they go to crap through tonight and tomorrow, then okay.

Yes, All paths lead to the Tobin.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't think this will be that poor. I think we will see more than that depiction. EPS is probably a mild step back from 00z.

Synoptically it really wasn’t that bad of a solution. It’s not going to drop 12”+ on that look but a 5-8” type event would be pretty consistent with how it looked. 

Id look for stronger vort going forward which may help in strengthening the storm more rapidly once south of us. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Synoptically it really wasn’t that bad of a solution. It’s not going to drop 12”+ on that look but a 5-8” type event would be pretty consistent with how it looked. 

Id look for stronger vort going forward which may help in strengthening the storm more rapidly once south of us. 

Yea, still like my first call in general...probably too heavy near the shore.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Why would it play out colder? It's a garbage airmass ahead of it and you need to time the CAA just right. If anything these bumps north mean warmer. Of course you need bumps warmer to get the juice.

It will play out colder than the GFS GGEM. 

9 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

ya rain changing to snow with no dynamics and 33-34 degrees wont accumulate most places outside heavy bands and hills 

image.thumb.png.0f8aa52a27c8a1381ab952527a4a267f.png

I'm not so sure about that. The precipitation is going to go overnight Sunday into Monday morning. The temp's on Monday aren't supposed to be about freezing. So the temperature should drop low enough Sunday night to support all snow. Maybe right along the coast line. They'd be around 33-34.