• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

11 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Regression? Its climo for her to take you to the shed....gonna be a long wait for VT to regress to southern CT lol Some bump worthy material from the southern folks for when this begins the inexorable late charge northward :lol:

Oh, I was expecting a clean whiff. I wasn't trying to say I expect to beat VT lmao

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

As I said earlier, I am much more interested in models from 12Z Thurs and onward but even now I can't see this getting suppressed to the extent the Canadian shows it.  By Saturday morning people will be bitching "it's too amped".

You think we will see a deeper low? I do, I think it will deepen a lot more on future runs.

• Weenie 2

I have a question about thermals. I’m looking at the guidance, and despite a mid 1030s mb high to the north the temps are in the 30s for a good amount of time. Wouldn’t you expect the temps to be A LOT colder given that we have a strong high to the north?  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, George001 said:

I have a question about thermals. I’m looking at the guidance, and despite a mid 1030s mb high to the north the temps are in the 30s for a good amount of time. Wouldn’t you expect the temps to be A LOT colder given that we have a strong high to the north?  

The airmass is terrible to start. The pressure of the high means nothing when it’s that warm to start. It also doesn’t necessarily correlate to temps.  

But it will get colder as the storm progresses.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Roger Smith said:

It looks like Blizzard of 78 except it doesn't get locked into place for two days. But even a 50% outcome of '78 would be quite a good storm. GFS continues to suggest caution but seems to be going against the herd. Good luck ! 

"It looks like the Blizzard of '78 except 2 feet and 2 days less "

• Like 1
  • Haha 4