• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m not following you ..but whatever. I was just using those numbers as an example Ray…I don’t know if those numbers are the case. The only point was that it doesn’t seem any better/nicer in spring around here than it ever has.   Sure, some springs are worse/or better than others, but by and large they aren’t that good here. As they e always been since I’ve been on the planet. 

That’s it. Nothing more to it. Wasn’t debating anything other than that. But if you want to go right ahead.  

Clearly....

But if your point is that CC doesn't prevent the aggregate of the spring season from sucking around here, then sure...I agree. But it most certainly will mean a few more bum-warmers in the car. Just keep in mind that the magnitude of warming necessary to dramitcally impact the weather is much less than that which is needed to be readily palpable to the masses.

My point is that those horrific Springs like in the 00s definitely have warmed. Sure there is the 2020 year now and then, but the overall trend has been warmer and less cruddy. Not sure why that has spawned contention. Will it revert back? Maybe it could? But as SSTs rise, the helps reduce some of the horrific weather. Not to mention less snowcover and a quicker melt. That helps too. 

Not sure why Wolfie argues because of all New England...he's in the better spots for nice Spring weather lol. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Clearly....

But if your point is that CC doesn't prevent the aggregate of the spring season from sucking around here, then sure...I agree. But it most certainly will mean a few more bum-warmers in the car. Just keep in mind that the magnitude of warming necessary to dramitcally impact the weather is much less than that which is needed to be readily palpable to the masses.

I wasn’t going with, or talking about CC at all(I guess it always has to be about that?) 

I was saying that sensible weather wise, springs here are not usually to good. That’s it.  Nothing more.  Whether they got warmer or not, I couldn’t care less..they aren’t that good usually was my point.  But..as I said I’m hoping this one is a good one. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My point is that those horrific Springs like in the 00s definitely have warmed. Sure there is the 2020 year now and then, but the overall trend has been warmer and less cruddy. Not sure why that has spawned contention. Will it revert back? Maybe it could? But as SSTs rise, the helps reduce some of the horrific weather. Not to mention less snowcover and a quicker melt. That helps too. 

Not sure why Wolfie argues because of all New England...he's in the better spots for nice Spring weather lol. 

Last year sucked here except for the week in April. Sure there’s been some nice ones, Not saying that. But there’s been some lousy ones too..wet cold and damp. 

let’s move on. It’s all good. 

Definitely closing the book on the worst winter in my collective experience.  Having my area miss the dump that treated CT so nicely was the final icing on the cake.   My March will be beautiful even if I have to endure it in Florida once we arrive around 3/6.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Definitely closing the book on the worst winter in my collective experience.  Having my area miss the dump that treated CT so nicely was the final icing on the cake.   My March will be beautiful even if I have to endure it in Florida once we arrive around 3/6.

You got hosed in both the one that blitzed my area and the CT deal....brutal. This is my worst since 2012 right now and I don't see much more snow.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Clearly....

This is the related to the mantra I've been raging about for 15 or more years...

The problem with Global Warming is that it does not have enough 'natural advocates' ... by that I mean, it does not appeal to the nature senses, which is what all biological organism use to judge their environments.   Humans are capable of connecting discomfort to the abstraction of CC, but discomfort has yet to be truly registered. 

The majority population needs to actually be in fucking pain before they admit anything...

Until then, just about everything and every sense of reality in how humanity carries on with their worldly and not so worldly realities, all of it, is dependent about a ways and means that has to change:  we're asking them to change all that ... based upon something that is not registering.  Failing that...5% of the general population is capable of projecting a dire end result and actually willing, therefrom, to response an appropriate action that prevents harm. 

95% are instead waiting for the report to be obvious, at which time it is too late.  Weeeeee!

Simply put, people deny CC because they can, and are running with it .. because the combination of understanding CC ( how and implications ) is too vastly complex to readily understand, combined with not registering ( anyway) gives them a false/reinforced sense of abstinence to the crisis.

But that's a digression... You're absolutely right about the system changes taking place before the registry of the 95% doomed -

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I'm sure most people feel that way. I certainly would have liked a little more but it gave me a good jump on the firewood . January and February pile. Snow slows me way down.

20240223_113924.jpg

• Like 1