• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

OH, wow ...

I did not see the GGEM did that - yeah...that may not be just noise.   NOT per se, mind you, but in principle - me likely.

I reserve the right to stop liking ... but as we set right now, it's like seeing the first sign of legs in mid first trimester checkup.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

36.7" here, But i would rather see your area NW start cashing in, Its over before it even started for local riding and has been that way for a few years now, But lets get the foothills and mountains to get some, I would like to ride a few more weeks.

I have confidence in another period of good snows for my area. As you know we don’t typically do blockbuster storms here that get us 30% of climo in a day. We stack it up and retain. Hard to retain though when you don’t snow lol 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

I have confidence in another period of good snows for my area. As you know we don’t typically do blockbuster storms here that get us 30% of climo in a day. We stack it up and retain. Hard to retain though when you don’t snow lol 

Maybe a 2-4" deal Thursday night but i don't think Saturday amounts to much other then some up slope in the mountains possibly.

Settling into the reality of bare ground having missed today's storm, with not much of interest on the horizon. As others mentioned, the ski areas could really use some help. My UVM son who's been skiing Jay said on Sunday that conditions were decidedly meh. 

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Saturday has been off and on, but I think it's mostly off for now.

I’ve never really been bought into that one up here. I’m hoping our clipper Thursday night over performs and then we can start to take a look at something bigger next week.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I’ve never really been bought into that one up here. I’m hoping our clipper Thursday night over performs and then we can start to take a look at something bigger next week.

I'm starting to look down the barrel of a .12 ga, I don't have a good feeling for much of anything the rest of this month, My back is sore from shoveling all the potential snow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Brooklyn' and Will and I were bouncing ideas back and forth last week ... we'd targeted 20th and 24th back whence.  But back then, even the 20th was out side said coherence horizon - (expression I invented that just means the average range in which signals tend to take better form...).  The 24th was 'analytic imagination' on where things would go... which believe it or not does have some non-zero value provided it isn't too Georgian in construct ( lol )

The GEFs have a really impressive 500 mb evolution, showing that the 20th actually sets up the 23rd/24th.. .There is an ephemeral trough deepening between HA and California around the 20th ... that can preceded/transmit a trough signal to West Va-ish ..the original 20th notion, but, it actually take a day and half to complete the transitive wave space forcing.. Thus, blah blah-blah blah popsicle headache later, said deepening results over the eastern continent, and is pretty nicely illustrated in the GEFs mean. You can even get a semblance of a negative mid tropospheric well lifting up along the eastern seaboard;  from this range that vagueness is important because if/when fits the Date Line to west coast argument, which it does. 

I like the notions also put forth by the MJO desk yesterday, too - that can add some idea to the correction in the 12z to elevate the PNA, as being something that may be emerging and will positively feed back on this...  interesting

here's your coherent signal on the EPS... the vort travels under the ridge and phases

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-namer-vort500_z500-1707825600-1708473600-1708732800-80-1.thumb.gif.55667a0e485f8327e84d45e6c6026aab.gif

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm starting to look down the barrel of a .12 ga, I don't have a good feeling for much of anything the rest of this month, My back is sore from shoveling all the potential snow.

It has truly been a rough one. I’m still hopeful for another stretch of winter but you know more than me, so I hope you’re not right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

We're still able to ride from the house here but need some snow really badly. Taking the ol lady to Mont Valin school vacation week since she's a teacher and I had to get a Condo on the mountain since riding in and out of Jonquire is bad right now when usually they have 5 feet. So far this isn't worse than 2011-2012 season for me, but if winter ends the same way that one did this season will win the worst ever award...

2 minutes ago, TheMainer said:

We're still able to ride from the house here but need some snow really badly. Taking the ol lady to Mont Valin school vacation week since she's a teacher and I had to get a Condo on the mountain since riding in and out of Jonquire is bad right now when usually they have 5 feet. So far this isn't worse than 2011-2012 season for me, but if winter ends the same way that one did this season will win the worst ever award...

Some friends of mine rode in QUE this past weekend and went thru a pair of carbides up there.

• Sad 2