• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

5 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Kinda warm near the coast but the Icon tends to do that but i'd take that track and intensity all day

Lack of any real cold airmass is gonna be a problem (near the coast) though even if we do a get a bomb like this

2117301104_icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_eus_55(1).thumb.png.ba06dbfcab8eec655a7d6fe964ec0d30.png

For the love of God, please let this be something to track.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just looked, it's not that big of a deal....like 6-12".

in this winter though...

I dont think this has much more higher ceiling anyway, maybe a little bit. But i think we'd all kill for a 6-12 event (for those who havent seen one since jan 2022 anyway)

• Like 2

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

in this winter though...

I dont think this has much more higher ceiling anyway, maybe a little bit. But i think we'd all kill for a 6-12 event (for those who havent seen one since jan 2022 anyway)

Just saying, when I hear someone say a blizzard, I'm thinking at least like 18".

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just saying, when I hear someone say a blizzard, I'm thinking at least like 18".

havent seen 18 in over a decade, usually im thinking 10+ (double digits) but its really about the winds/vis but we won't get into those parameters/semantics here..i know what you mean

• Like 1

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

havent seen 18 in over a decade, usually im thinking 10+ (double digits) but its really about the winds/vis but we won't get into those parameters/semantics here..i know what you mean

Right.....

Funny, I haven't sniffed normal snowfall in 6 years, still pulled off two events over 18" un that stretch....12/'19 and 1/'24

21 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

6-12" is a blizzard and 2-4" is hot....some beer goggles up in here lol

Was looking at H5 early on thats why i posed it as a question. Clown maps aside i think the trend/consistency has improved from 12-18-00 today. 970s SE of the BM is still a pretty intense system We got a long ways to go though

768ac5e5-b6e0-4945-bf37-7b883c80e3a0.gif

Constellation Orion, taken earlier this evening. 80mm F/4 for 8 seconds ISO 12800. Fairly untouched, just compressed for forum limits. Even still, you can see the Orion Nebula, the Running Man Nebula, The Flame Nebula, and if you really know what to look for, a bit of the Horsehead Nebula. This is far from what a final stacked image could look like. You boost that signal to noise ratio up up and up, and you can pull out incredible details.

Enough of clear skies though, I want it to snow.

DSC00785orionclosestretchcropcompressed.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

0z Euro starts redemption for SNE on 13-14th

vs. 12z Euro run: southern stream came in faster and better interaction with northern stream

Still feels like wildly varying solutions but overall improving signal

The 17-21th timeframe looks promising

5 hours ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Constellation Orion, taken earlier this evening. 80mm F/4 for 8 seconds ISO 12800. Fairly untouched, just compressed for forum limits. Even still, you can see the Orion Nebula, the Running Man Nebula, The Flame Nebula, and if you really know what to look for, a bit of the Horsehead Nebula. This is far from what a final stacked image could look like. You boost that signal to noise ratio up up and up, and you can pull out incredible details.

Enough of clear skies though, I want it to snow.

DSC00785orionclosestretchcropcompressed.jpg

How much for Philly?