• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I doubt it will work out that way but if LA can pull off 12” of rain,  that would be pretty historic.

Yeah, only reason I posted that was because I was watching the evolution of the GFS on the full USA map and noticed some pretty striking colors forming over the LA area. That would also re-destroy all the roads in Death Valley that were just destroyed in I think summer of 2022?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

Scooter getting sucked back in. Might be some south shore goodies with that colder airmass and onshore flow next week and then after that the ensembles showing a loaded pattern by mid-month. 

ShesNotGonnaLetUsOut.gif.e6b16c99443f1e05fd96bace57375c9b.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Scooter getting sucked back in. Might be some south shore goodies with that colder airmass and onshore flow next week and then after that the ensembles showing a loaded pattern by mid-month. 

He and we will have to get through another cutter first before Ray’s winter saving pattern sets in. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I need something to break right....I feel like the last two years, last season and this one, I have had damn good seasonal efforts that just haven't amounted to anything where it counts...snowfall. I feel like I have largely had the pattern right, but it just refuses to snow. You try to point out great looks to validate the forecast and it just gets eye rolls.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I need something to break right....I feel like the last two years, last season and this one, I have had damn good seasonal efforts that just haven't amounted to anything where it counts...snowfall. I feel like I have largely had the pattern right, but it just refuses to snow. You try to point out great looks to validate the forecast and it just gets eye rolls.

It’s been a historically warm DJF, snowfall aside

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

It’s been a historically warm DJF, snowfall aside

I would say if I had to point to a "smoking gun", so to speak....it would be the +EPO.....that is probably why it has been so warm. But even with the warmth, there have been chances to snow..January left a lot on the table and I still had nearly 30". I feel like have been pretty accurate with respect to the El Nino, polar fields and the PDO/PNA.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would say if I had to point to a "smoking gun", so to speak....it would be the +EPO.....that is probably why it has been so warm. But even with the warmth, there have been chances to snow..January left a lot on the table and I still had nearly 30". I feel like have been pretty accurate with respect to the El Nino, polar fields and the PDO/PNA.

You had close to the January jackpot (all of the Northeast) wouldn’t say any was left on the table for you.  NYC had 2 inches

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That’s what makes a rat in this part of the world

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would say that is an understatement if not for the fact that "doubt" has the benefit two weeks.  320 hours is unfortunately for confidence/determinism, just beginning to emerging through the "coherency lens"

Otherwise, I have not seen one as impressive as what I am looking at in years, both analytically, and in the "feel."

Vast array of both linear and non-linear factors are in teleconnector convergence.  Linear is visible geometry of the hemispheric Rossby wave dance out in time - follow it along. Non-linear being the influences that cannot be readily seen, such as longer term correlations; and yes, the "groove"/feel of it is included in this latter

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1