Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

21 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Why?

Are you asking why do I think it's going to be different next week? Are air mass will be coming out of Canada ( a different flow than what we have now ). Right now we have a stagnant kind of air mass with no real cold air. At least that's what it's looking like right now. But it's over 9 days a week so it can change.

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Are you asking why do I think it's going to be different next week? Are air mass will be coming out of Canada ( a different flow than what we have now ). Right now we have a stagnant kind of air mass with no real cold air. At least that's what it's looking like right now. But it's over 9 days a week so it can change.

Not really different.  We have a NNE drain now and it’s warm to the Canadian border.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

could be good for NC and VA or could be rain, not a good pattern for the NE tho

Highly anomalous so probably won’t last long.  But you know that, and you know how it likely evolves.  A pattern isn’t something that last a couple of days. But you know that.

2 hours ago, brooklynwx99 said:

yeah, it’s tough for you guys… even for NYC’s latitude honestly. but at this point, looking at a potent southern stream wave in a blocky pattern, it’s something to watch

I don't see anyway anything interesting at all makes it up here......but I'm sure twitter dolts will rub one out to the colors and anomalies.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't see anyway anything interesting at all makes it up here......but I'm twitter dolts will rub one out to the colors and anomalies.

i have seen some members that phase with lingering ULL energy, but that’s kinda exotic and not too likely

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

i have seen some members that phase with lingering ULL energy, but that’s kinda exotic and not too likely

Yea, and George could pursue his met degree and be the next Harvey Leonard....I'll bet against it. Yet another epiosode of the atmosphere's premier presentation "One Million and One Ways to Not Snow Prolifically in SNE".

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, and George could pursue his met degree and be the next Harvey Leonard....I'll bet against it. Yet another epiosode of the atmosphere's premier presentation "One Million and One Ways to Not Snow Prolifically in SNE".

Mutant Phase 8 swallows up the earth leaving only a strong Nino with a southern jet omega block pattern where we watch DC and Philly cash in for the rest of eternity.

Man, my favorite part of the GFS is how it ends with a cutter around February 10th after Fujiwaraing about 9 ULLs all around us....and that is a high probability outcome.....that is happening, folks. Absolute synoptic sodomy on full display. I'm sure I'll awaken to weenies amidst conciliatory and defensive lectures about the uncertainty around day 10 model runs, blah, blah...but where the uncertainty lies is with respect to whether or not the mid Atlantic/se cashes in on this and just how epic it will be. But what I do know is that we aren't getting d1ck form that OMEGA block. Yet another high-end potential that we are going to come away empty handed on and it makes me just want to kick Mother Nature right in the fu**ing teeth. I'm not saying winter is over, but what I am saying is that this is another useless pattern that is ostensibly full of potential....kind of like the Red Sox "interest" in any free agent with a pulse and modicum of skill.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I don't see anyway anything interesting at all makes it up here......but I'm sure twitter dolts will rub one out to the colors and anomalies.

Have true Omega Blocked patterns ever been big snowstorm producers north of the Mid-Atlantic? I can’t recall any

Edit:

@George001 NYC isn’t the Mid-Atlantic

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If a phase is as unlikely as the bolded, that is EXTREMELY concerning. I knew the pattern has major suppression risks but holy shit I didn’t think it was that bad.

9 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Have true Omega Blocked patterns ever been big snowstorm producers north of the Mid-Atlantic? I can’t recall any

If that’s the case, I hope you guys get screwed too. If New England isn’t getting snow I hope nobody does. Well….. actually im not sure you would consider not getting snow to be such a bad thing. Oh well, unfortunately for us weenies it looks like your concerns about the El Niño strength were correct.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, my favorite part of the GFS is how it ends with a cutter around February 10th after Fujiwaraing about 9 ULLs all around us....and that is a high probability outcome.....that is happening, folks. Absolute synoptic sodomy on full display. I'm sure I'll awaken to weenies amidst conciliatory and defensive lectures about the uncertainty around day 10 model runs, blah, blah...but where the uncertainty lies is with respect to whether or not the mid Atlantic/se cashes in on this and just how epic it will be. But what I do know is that we aren't getting d1ck form that OMEGA block. Yet another high-end potential that we are going to come away empty handed on and it makes me just want to kick Mother Nature right in the fu**ing teeth. I'm not saying winter is over, but what I am saying is that this is another useless pattern that is ostensibly full of potential....kind of like the Red Sox "interest" in any free agent with a pulse and modicum of skill.

c'mon bro, it's D10, we all know that will not be the final outcome. Let's see what it looks like in a few days, ok??

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1