Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 19, 2024 Powder Snow Event

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

1.7" confirmed this is going to smoke my expectations

Same. I don't know if Im just content bc snow’s falling or bc in self defense I had severely tempered expectations after losing the bullseye to the southern shift in the last 24 hours. Either way, I take. 

• Like 4

Must be some kind of warm layer up in the atmosphere as I'm starting to get some pancakes mixed in with regular flakes (the fine stuff has been reduced to a min, although the pancakes will help increase the snow pack faster).

Temp is still 27 with dp now 26 with some fog.

ETA - running an animation of the radar suggests a band is back-building over I-95 so what might have appeared to be a "back edge" hasn't moved that much.

• Like 1

Something beautiful happening right now. Coming down heavy in south philly

Wish I could upload the gif I have of this band strengthening right over head
Screenshot_20240119_101752_RadarScope.thumb.jpg.6bd4848a11525c63f4067be19a4c8dc5.jpg

And still coming down nicely in Graduate Hospital ae1ece147e89450e321e617db31da73d.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, LVLion77 said:

This one is not our storm. We will be lucky to hit 2”. Our friends to the south are hitting the jackpot.

I think we’re good for another inch or so later as the precip fills back in. But yeah it would have been really nice to be in those heavy bands.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Must be some kind of warm layer up in the atmosphere as I'm starting to get some pancakes mixed in with regular flakes (the fine stuff has been reduced to a min, although the pancakes will help increase the snow pack faster).

Temp is still 27 with dp now 26 with some fog.

ETA - running an animation of the radar suggests a band is back-building over I-95 so what might have appeared to be a "back edge" hasn't moved that much.

That's the effect of the ULL moving over and better dendrite growth.