Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

Horrific

Yep climo, that amount here, plus what has fallen already the last two events would give me a below average snowfall season. Go big, or go home !  

Just a snow map of course, the pattern looks very promising, lets hope it delivers like a blend of 1958 and 2010.   

• Weenie 1

41 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Look y’all. Don’t settle. Seriously. Yes wanting to see those 50” totals over us is greedy. But do you realize what pattern the eps and gefs are showing?  This is a once every 20 years type thing. This is the time to be greedy. 

IMG_1219.thumb.png.c31176cae426ae78bb3f1a7724f20bfb.png

There are 2 perfect match Feb/March nino analogs to that look. 

2010 and 1958. Now is not the time to settle. It’s all chips in time. 
IMG_1218.gif.1bd308e07bdb7acfd36a9633a23a1298.gif

IMG_1217.gif.c572eca66c6f84f62feace56779e57d4.gif

:o

Mid January to mid March has always been the sweetspot back to 1958.  I remember 1958 well because it was the first time anyone could remember Rt. 11 (The Valley Pike) being closed by drifting snow north of Harrisonburg. This was before I-81 had ever been heard of, 11 was the main north/south thoroughfare. 

Will we revisit 1958 this year ? 

4 minutes ago, RDM said:

Geeze - with the exception of one bump/ridge over the eastern Atlantic, that jet is roaring nearly around the entire globe.  It's like the entire PV has been enlarged and displaced south a couple thousand miles.  

Are we seeing something here that should not be happening??

5 minutes ago, RDM said:

Geeze - with the exception of one bump/ridge over the eastern Atlantic, that jet is roaring nearly around the entire globe.  It's like the entire PV has been enlarged and displaced south a couple thousand miles.  

El Nino

• Like 5

5 hours ago, AtlanticWx said:

i would say 2010-11 was pretty good. we got a pretty crazy snowstorm rates wise in january

2010 wasn't a strong nino, BUT...since this season isn't really behaving like a super strong nino if we want to be optimistic and add moderate nino's to the mix then I suppose it brings 1996 and 2011 into the equation. 

• Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

There is some crazy shit starting to show up in the long range.  Storms getting trapped under 40* and meandering around.  Redonculous retrogrades.  Fun times ahead. 

Maybe once it starts snowing it will not stop.  :mapsnow:  I am on the psu train,  edit..... sled I mean  :sled: