Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan/Early Feb Medium/Long Range Discussion Part 3

WinterWxLuvr

1 minute ago, frd said:

LOL.  Second time I believe.    Don't tell @CAPE     Poor Judah,  weather does not exsist in a vacum.  THE PV and the HL should become more favorable again with a decent Pac and plenty of threats to traffic 

I am very excited myself for the period Feb 10 th to March 10 th.  

all the seasonals had Feb as our best month....there might be a bit of a delay but now the ensembles and weeklies are seeing it. Plus the analogs support this....so yea i wouldnt cancel the winter now lol. People havent been trying to cancel this winter since Mid December

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

The way people were talking around here I thought we were in for 60's and 70's lol. I looked at my 10 day and it looks pretty normal. I saw one day of 60 degrees. Still deep winter today. 

someone can correct me, but i think the problem is not just that it's warm here. it's the fear that our cold source (canada) would get scoured out as well. so you've got mild air here with anomalously warm air north of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Don't know why you guys think you can claim anything is true.. fast must mean right. here, this was a jet extension too. 

https://ibb.co/4ZStGKw

oooo look at the fancy jet extension. bright colors

https://ibb.co/vVrZZ8X

"jet extension" has to be in the running for weenie term of the 23-24 winter.. which random twitter post did that one come out of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Weenie 1

looking at the euro weeklies 7 day precip anomolies

there are above normal windows around Feb 6-10

then last week of feb into early March(i guess thatsn when we will have our HECS)

no below normal windows though!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, WEATHER53 said:

I remember a lot of talk about upcoming SSW warming event and the great results forthcoming from it. Is that part of what benefited us over last week?

I would say so. We had 2 Stratosphere warming events, 1st one occurred Dec 25- Jan 9. A 2nd one occurred Jan 13-21. The 12/25 one averages a +25 day lag to -NAO impact, but that can vary as much as +10-15 days. We had a solid -NAO 1-4 to 1-19, so that's +10 days after the first 10mb warming. Under that extreme "downwelled" -NAO we did see 2 waves stay suppressed, giving us snow. 

10 minutes ago, DDweatherman said:

Haven't checked in on the pattern post say 2/5, how's it looking after that? 

I think we will be tracking on FEb 8....for the following week. to get anything before Feb 10 from what i am seeing is going to be threading the needle....Feb 5-10 might offer a surprise but the goodness is after i think

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

WB EURO weeklies are less cold for Feb. 10-17 compared to 2 weeks ago, hopefully still cold enough.

IMG_2981.png

IMG_2982.png

less chance for supression and a 1973 type southern storm. 

30 minutes ago, Heisy said:

It’s been the same progression run after run now. We just have to hope once we get in range to the main ensembles they do the same.

We from this…. Which is what end of ensembles look currently, to (second image) few days later. 793d6fae3e3fd50ea5f74ba5f620dec4.jpg
6eadae30908530a06101b0cf6c8a080f.jpg

happy valentines day

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ji said:

I think it’s actually ahead of it!

Granted it's the op but the general idea after 240 is beautiful in the PAC. That Aleutian low not only pumps the EPO ridge but if you run a loop, that low is ejecting sw after sw into the stj and continental US. 

• Like 11

OP gfs has a poleward ridge day 7 which ends up muting the warm up because shortwaves keep shooting down towards NE. Its own ensembles don’t really have that (they have a ridge but not as far N) and euro camp doesn’t so I’d be careful with rushing things. Maybe the first week of Feb isn’t as warm as we think, but we’ll see…

6d754cd79122ef5ab848b8d4dcfed34b.jpg

• Like 3