• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow Friday 1/19/24: is it a period of light snow (less than 2"), or is there a chance of a 5" swath in part of the NYC subforum? Event OBS.

wdrag

41 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Huge flakes and moderate intensity right now with about 1/4" on the ground. Long way to go to get to 1-2" (my updated guess for my house from this morning; my 3.3" guess from yesterday will likely bust badly).

Wow, snowing heavily now, since about 10:30 am with beautiful dendrites and we've gone from about 1/4" at about 10:15 am to 1.0" on the ground now as of just about 11:00 am, which is > 1" per hour rates over the last 30 minutes or so. I'd have to guess this is 15-20:1 snow to liquid ratios - very fluffy/low bulk density stuff, one could use a broom to clear. If we can somehow keep this up for awhile 2" or more is back in play. 29F still.

Edit - pics of my street showing roads getting covered and one of dendrites ftw, lol...

LoZ79DJ.png

10ExwEk.png

• Like 7

Light snow in Chester.

Just passed 4 NJDOT vehicles on 206 north in Bedminster. Somehow one of the salt trucks drove off the shoulder into the grass area, with its rear tires buried 3” in mud. Rather impressive how far off the roadway he got that truck stuck. 

• Like 1

Just now, North and West said:

It’s actually snowing really hard at MMU. You’d think we live in Tampa last night judging by this forum.

Yup best band of the storm for us. We’re right on the line of moderate and very light rates 

• Like 1