• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

looks like the last gasp incoming, if it sticks together, otherwise I'm going out to clean up, we have a newly paved driveway, so it's going to be a pleasure with the new blower as well... nothing worse than a bumpy driveway trying to snowblow or shoveling...total as of now 11.5, need a good push to top a foot

• Like 1

Pretty impressive coastal front moving back and forth just around 128 based on the Wundermap weather stations. Moved through KBED around 0600 having steadily pushed in from the NH border near KFIT around 0000.

Here's Lexington, came through at 6, back out around 11, looks like it might be swinging back through. A couple miles east in Arlington it was only through for about 45 mins. East of there has been white rain with accumulation on grass/cars/well-insulated roofs until it pushes through.1451604502_Screenshot2024-01-07at11_36_38.png.c57b99d5db8297f7750a7f422f45c0b5.png

Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.38.07.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Yup--can see it pretty clearly.  I'm probably 5-10 miles too far south from where they're setting up for anything really good, but perhaps I can get some crumbs.

No it’ll fill in but they already have a head start too on both round 1 and round 2

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Looks like about 6". It's still snowing fairly heavily. The maple is covered in snow.

20240107_113256_copy_1209x1612.jpg

wow looks beautiful. Pretty trash down here, looks like if you were along or N of 84 you got a solid winter storm, if you were south and east you got a few inches that compacted to slush with wet roads. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

wow looks beautiful. Pretty trash down here, looks like if you were along or N of 84 you got a solid winter storm, if you were south and east you got a few inches that compacted to slush with wet roads. 

It was around 32F for most of the storm.  But Saturday morning was 20F. So the ground and other surfaces are cold.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Good analysis.  It was/is solid here. Snowed good last night at 30 degrees(truck was actually reading 29 when I was driving in it at 9:00 pm)…that allowed it to accumulate well. Snowing nicely and accumulating still …some puffy fatties now. Beautiful vibe and seen. 

• Like 2

Just light snow- powdery pixie dust. Bretton Woods reported 3 inches but that must be at the top of the mountain at the gondola. At 302 level I don't even have an inch on my car and you can still see my grass.

Just to make it easier, I'm calling it an inch. Just recently snow growth and intensity picked up. If we get a few hrs of this I could end up with 3-5 inches. Which is enough to cover the brown for a while so it will be a nice change.