Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 6-7, 2024 Winter Storm Obs Thread

WxWatcher007

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

if anyone has any totals from Round 1 only in CT i can make a quick map to show we got so far. 

i measured 10 maybe an hour ago, but looks like another .5 has fallen since...radar filling nicely out west of us, so maybe we can get some goods until afternoon

Just now, tavwtby said:

i measured 10 maybe an hour ago, but looks like another .5 has fallen since...radar filling nicely out west of us, so maybe we can get some goods until afternoon

also, Norfolk had 12 as of 6am, so I'm sure that's gone up since just for reference

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Surface temps told the story. I was skeptical all along. I thought 2-4 originally,  but upped to 4-6 when it ticked SE. But inevitably a little more NW and warmer it came. 

Part 1 didn't do much here whereas others benefited from the heavier bands, I could tell yesterday that you were not feeling good about the direction modeling was going when the NW tics were happening, For here, It was about the ENE move of the SLP, I was more focused on how far north it could gain Lat before that happened because that would be the difference between 4-8" and 8-12" up here, Looks like we will be in that lower range pending on what part 2 does.

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

AWT you should push 18 

If you do it every 6 hours you'll get that. If you let it settle it will be probably up a couple or so inches less. Many around here are reporting the settled amount so far with a few reporting the 6-hour method.

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Whopping 1.25 on the board...Maybe 1.5 so far before the change to rain.  Snowing again now.

Futility at this spot as always.  Just a few miles in any direction, up to 4" or more.

20240107_094441.jpg

Lol I am in Danielson working and it’s sad

8 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

if anyone has any totals from Round 1 only in CT i can make a quick map to show we got so far. 

I am going to guess and say 1.5 prior to the change to rain early this a.m.  board still read 1.25 after that change over so 1.5 probably isn't far fetched...all snow right now.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Greg said:

If you do it every 6 hours you'll get that. If you let it settle it will be probably up a couple or so inches less. Many around here are reporting the settled amount so far with a few reporting the 6-hour method.

more settling Where the snow was wetter longer is my guess 

• Like 1

reports are gonna be all over the place, especially from the public i can feel it. We had 2.5" last night, down to about an inch now after the lull, warm temps and rain. So sticking a ruler in the ground at the end of this system is definitely gonna yield lower totals than measuring at the changeover and today. 

• Like 1