• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

54 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I never had high hopes for this one. Even if we got accumulation it would be washed away. Not sure what you mean another season of busted storms, other than the Dec 23 storm last year, all other storms met or even exceeded expectations. 

I suppose if you expect an inch and get two you can certainly argue that it exceeded your  expectations...or that's why my wife says anyway.  LOL  Hell, all I wanted to see was some flakes when I left for work this morning.  Those were pretty low expectations.

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

I never had high hopes for this one. Even if we got accumulation it would be washed away. Not sure what you mean another season of busted storms, other than the Dec 23 storm last year, all other storms met or even exceeded expectations. 

Truth!! 

I didn't have much expectation here either other than snow=> rain => snow type storm.  This storm is well west of here and moving up into cool/stale air but not arctic.  So far the results are not surprising.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lightning said:

Truth!! 

I didn't have much expectation here either other than snow=> rain => snow type storm.  This storm is well west of here and moving up into cool/stale air but not arctic.  So far the results are not surprising.

Just a few more days for us

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TravisWx said:

It does look like that precip moved SE on the 12z 3km NAM, a little more amped too for total snowfall. I don't know though. This winter storm is weird. APX still says almost nothing for snowfall. Definitely a nowcast system. 

12z NAM has a nice defo band and 976mb low just SE. Hoping to nowcast blizzard conditions this tonight lol

Screenshot_20240109-095139.png

12 minutes ago, BigHoss48192 said:

I suppose if you expect an inch and get two you can certainly argue that it exceeded your  expectations...or that's why my wife says anyway.  LOL  Hell, all I wanted to see was some flakes when I left for work this morning.  Those were pretty low expectations.

I thought we would get a heavy burst but then with rain and temps rising to 40 we would just see it washed away. Would have done nothing but give a little padding to our meager 3.1" season to date total.

1 minute ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Getting back into the snow after the well advertised lull. Already nice flake size under lighter returns. Should really crank as the returns over S Dekalb Co work north. 

I'm riding that line here. Snow rain, snow rain..  moderate snow atm

Updated timeline per LOT. Forecast says I flip to all snow by 11 while this graphic says a period of heavy snow starting shortly after 1. White rain at the moment and not feeling too optimistic about stacking much more than an inch this afternoon. In-laws in Lake Zurich said it's been mostly rain there so far as well.

Tab2FileL.png?decd692b90a91d2e129d4fd151c5c2af

Rain here as expected, only an inch of slop or so on the ground this morning. Pressure is down to 987mb on my home weather station- the lowest I've observed since building it a little over a year ago. Hoping for more with the Friday storm and jealous of all you guys getting snow. 

Been snowing here since the morning. Almost an inch so far. Heavier rates moving in now with temperatures steady around the freezing mark. It'll likely remain as snow for the next few hours before a quick transition to heavy rain. 

2 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Hoping for 6” at this point. Higher end totals appear off the table. Heavy bands are pretty transient 

Those "heavy bands" in south DKB county you mentioned earlier aren't really putting much down on the ground either.

That rain line is also moving closer every minute...IDK if it will ever reach me though.