Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/8-1/10 Potential Winter Storm

11 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Euro is south as well. Going to be real nice for N IL

edit: well it started a bit further south, then ends up a touch N

Regardless, good to see the continuing trend on global, regional, and mesoscale models. I doubt the globals will handle the rapidly deepening and occluding of the Low very well which will factor in where the final deformation axis resides 

• Like 1

Just got back this weekend from 10+ days of traveling around.  Got some skiing in in Petoskey.  All man made but not bad.  Excited to finally get a real stormy pattern :thumbsup: .  I'll take snow => rain => snow on this first storm.  Much better than boring mild clouds.

• Like 2

With HP to my N, and trough nearby, combined with colder air moving E/NE across Lake Superior, LES bands on tap my way. And a clipper moving in on the heels of this system brings me a decent chance at 6-12" this week. I'll take it. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baum said:

Going to get rocked. Went to fire up snowblower which has sat idle for 2 seasons...dead as a door nail. More none scientific evidence of a decent hit.

Im contemplating firing mine up altho it last ran two months ago not years lol so I'm not too worried. Plus I work on small engines and love snow so my blowers (yes I have 2) are àll tuned up and ready. Just don't wanna jinx anything now!

Btw if you couldn't get it started,try taking the spark plug out,clean the end with wire brush and spray starting fluid,carb,cleaner,or a put a few drops of gas in the plug hole,put plug back in and it should fire and prime the fuel system. Good luck. Shoveling sucks.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Brian D said:

With HP to my N, and trough nearby, combined with colder air moving E/NE across Lake Superior, LES bands on tap my way. And a clipper moving in on the heels of this system brings me a decent chance at 6-12" this week. I'll take it. :) 

I love how your sneaky CV clippers are casual 6 to 12 inches..

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Imneversatisfied said:

Im contemplating firing mine up altho it last ran two months ago not years lol so I'm not too worried. Plus I work on small engines and love snow so my blowers (yes I have 2) are àll tuned up and ready. Just don't wanna jinx anything now!

Btw if you couldn't get it started,try taking the spark plug out,clean the end with wire brush and spray starting fluid,carb,cleaner,or a put a few drops of gas in the plug hole,put plug back in and it should fire and prime the fuel system. Good luck. Shoveling sucks.

Thank you. Mine also has been sitting for two years and it is on my list this afternoon to get running. 

3 minutes ago, TheRegionRat said:

Well, my expectations have been low, and at least I won't be disappointed.  Maybe I'll see the high end, and get enough snow to briefly cover the grass, before the rain washes it away.  Maye the backside snows cover some of the grass???

In my experience, backside snows always underperform. I wish you luck though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownSnow said:

NAM 18z has a better look to it.  Tad south this far

I hate getting hooked on looking at CAMS hours before the storm because it never seems to quite end up how I want but trends this morning haven't been awful for the western suburbs. If we could just get this thing a county more to the south I'd be happy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

I hate getting hooked on looking at CAMS hours before the storm because it never seems to quite end up how I want but trends this morning haven't been awful for the western suburbs. If we could just get this thing a county more to the south I'd be happy

A county shift is all you/I need really.. To get decent snow 

Dry slot is nasty tho

• Like 1