• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

3 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I should get a foot, even without help from the daytime stuff tomorrow. What a great event. The intensity and flake size are awe-inspiring right now - when one of the big aggregates lands on my jacket, it almost feels like being hit by a snowball

Did you get 4 inches an hour for 2 hours?! That's absolutely amazing.  In the Southern Poconos, it was 3 inches an hour and a foot or so of snow.

Just woke up and I guess I missed all the action. Looks to be be about a foot of snow outside. I just read the discussion from the national weather service and duchess and ulster county‘s got hit the hardest. We are due for an additional 2 to 4 possibly 5 inches of snow throughout the day as a secondary law is formed.

12 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

And people mocked that 9" report in Jersey last night, all you had to do was look at that band on radar, confirmed to be snow by the  mPING reports. 14" here with light snow on going. 

Some of the heaviest snow I've ever seen. Dropped 9" in just over 2 hrs. 

12.2" otg here 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, BxEngine said:

Damn band started to set up about 2 miles north of me and i sat in subsidence for hours. Oh well.  

YEP seemed like while others were talking about how great it was in there areas I kept looking outside and we had not much going on here seems this went on for a few hours in New City that said I will take the 4 inches I got and be happy 

5 hours ago, White Gorilla said:

How much did you pick up additionally today?  Got 2-3 inches more for a depth of 14-15 inches now 

I got a bonus 1.4" today, pretty nice. Maximum depth never exceeded 12.5", but I'm just gonna add 12.0" + 1.4" because life is short and joy is hard to come by

• Like 4

Looks wintry, sounds good and crunchy when cars drive by. After the whole day and a fair bit of overnight sleet and ice pellets the grass is finally (mostly) covered and stuff is weighted and matted down so next time it snows it won't take as much to cover it. That's good because I don't seem to get more than a few inches at a time :lmao: anymore. I think I'll spend some time today taking stuff out of the basement again and getting the rest off the floor in preparation for the upcoming flooding :flood:

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Low was only 32 here, was forecasted to drop to 26. I cant remember the last time we had a decent snowfall followed by colder weather moving in right afterwards. 11" at the stake, 32/27 currently 

32.7 all night even with snow on ground. Its true. Snowfall sticking around is the biggest change in last 10 years.

Like Raleigh now haha. Pandemonium and gone all in a few days

• Like 1