• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

I think we'll see some snow at the start but that storm has cutter written all over it.  We'll see what happens though.  The 12z GFS got more interesting for this weekend, so we'll see if the other models start getting stronger as well of if it was a fluke GFS run.

Much more interesting the 12z vs. the 06z. Could be that more sampling has been added. We’ll see what the 18z shows. :popcorn:

D6408152-4CC5-479D-B49E-59FD3531E475.png

158A3AE0-96A6-468A-A205-4B4A7C5FFD19.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

I'm dreading the thought of hot rain falling into a bunch of wet snow. Gimme winter or gimme drought! :arrrg: aargghh

Gravity that, by far, is one of the more interesting takes on Patrick Henry’s statement. Stay well and calm. As always ….

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Gravity that, by far, is one of the more interesting takes on Patrick Henry’s statement. Stay well and calm. As always ….

I knew you'd appreciate that 

6 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

The second storm is all about the possibility of the first locking in that monster hp the models have flirted with. 

That's the trick right. Get high and stay high :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

My p&c is pretty locked in for me to pick up around 8-9”, probably would expect MSV-Rock Hill elevations and higher to get double digits 

and then it all gets washed away (and worse considering flooding) by Wednesday with temperatures spiking to mid 40s. Such is life

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM SATURDAY TO 7 PM EST
SUNDAY...

* WHAT...Heavy snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 6 to 10
  inches. Higher amounts of around 12 inches are possible in the
  eastern Catskills. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph.

This graphic doesn't match up, I am not complaining about a 2" difference, just complaining about lack of continuity on the NWS.  I am in southeast Dutchess BTW.

StormTotalSnow.jpg

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm hedging toward a healthy 4-6 in the valley. The show is probably wrapping up by 12 am Sunday which doesn't leave a ton of time to pile it up, but should still be a nice appetizer for later in the month

Hoping closer to 6 or 7, but the valley usually ends up on the lower end of the number range 

18 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

At this stage (5 miles west of the river, 600ft asl) anything less than 6 will be a disappointment, expectations are for 8-10, anything over 10 is gravy.

My expectations has been 4-8" here for days, I see no reason to change that. I did mention to folks that there is room to move upward a touch but I'm just not confident enough in it until now casting starts in earnest. 

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

At this stage (5 miles west of the river, 600ft asl) anything less than 6 will be a disappointment, expectations are for 8-10, anything over 10 is gravy.

8-10" is my expectation here as well. Im sure a few spots throughout the area will hit 12" but it should be isolated. 

• Like 1