• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2024

9 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That explains why snywx who I believe is only a couple of miles from you seems to do bette snow wise. I believe he's at 850 feet. It can make a noticeable difference as we all know. 

He's more than a couple miles west but yes, elevation is always a factor. I'll see a difference between my yard and the hill (over 500) I drive over to get to the main road.  It's really cool when an inversion sets up between me and the top of the hill. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

That explains why snywx who I believe is only a couple of miles from you seems to do bette snow wise. I believe he's at 850 feet. It can make a noticeable difference as we all know. 

He’s not as close as you think. Im a few miles west of the city of Middletown. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, snywx said:

This band means business.. I know some of guidance picked up on sig accumulation on this side but i was skeptical. If these rates continue for another 2 hrs then 12" is not out of the question 

I think a key is what happens tomorrow, if the snow backfills or not. The big damage is tonight but tomorrow could be a nice icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

That was impressive! 9" in just over 2 hrs 

Would have loved to have seen that in the daytime.

Didn't quite get into the best of that band but enough to be wowed by it.

7.2 inches otg as of 11:30 28.9 ° and still coming down heavy. Looks like I should stay in this at least another hour. Double digits definitely within reach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I don't want to jinx it now, but it looks like you're finally going to put an end to your single storm double digit January snow drought.

I should get a foot, even without help from the daytime stuff tomorrow. What a great event. The intensity and flake size are awe-inspiring right now - when one of the big aggregates lands on my jacket, it almost feels like being hit by a snowball

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I should get a foot, even without help from the daytime stuff tomorrow. What a great event. The intensity and flake size are awe-inspiring right now - when one of the big aggregates lands on my jacket, it almost feels like being hit by a snowball

Just friggin fantastic, the best, enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2